All reviews full kitchen garden room breakfast buffet tropical feel palm trees tropical paradise mini suite shuffle board wedding coordinator off season tiki hut north carolina rocking chairs get away ocean view ping pong laid back
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

This will be my 3rd year returning to The Winds. Perfect for me. All I want is to enjoy the beach and have a comfortable room on the beach. The Tiki bar offers great drinks and delicious salads with the Kim and Lorna. Breakfast is served early so I can get out on the beach. Wish I could stay longer.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear Martha H,

We are so grateful for your repeated patronage of The Winds. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review to the TripAdvisor readership. Thanks too for singling out Kim & Lorna for mention. We hope to see you again in 2017, and maybe that’ll be for the longer stay you’re wishing for.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The Winds is a terrific place to stay on Ocean Isle Beach. Our suite overlooked the ocean and we enjoyed sitting outside sipping drinks. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and very nice. Breakfast is included. The pool and Tiki Bar are fun too.
Can't wait to do this again!

Date of stay: July 2016
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Dear Toni L,

Thank you for staying at The Winds and thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m glad you enjoyed the pools and Thirsti Tiki Bar. But it’s also nice to hear that you took time to relax in the rocking chairs in front of your suite and watch the ocean. We hope you won’t wait long to “do this again.”

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Booked for the week of 4th of July, Mr Garrison and Gary along with the rest of the staff couldn't have been nicer or more thoughtful! Everyone was wonderful, breakfast was great, room, view, and all was excellent! I'll be recommending this to many of my friends. This not the first time we stayed, The Winds Resort never disappoints! Stay here!!

Room tip: Go for the ocean view!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jack H,

Thank you for returning to us for your Independence Week vacation. I’m glad it was your best time ever at the beach. Thank you too for your praise of the Resort and staff. I am humbled by your kind words. We are all very appreciative that you’ve taken the time to provide your review to the TripAdvisor community and we hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had an enjoyable anniversary weekend away! Enjoyed the Winds that we found online at AAA and was very reasonably priced for what was included. We will recommend to our friends:) The ocean front, pools and tiki bar were our favorite parts. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Stephan C,

Congratulations to you and your wife on your anniversary! We thank you for choosing to celebrate the occasion with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks too for your kind words about our staff. We are most grateful that you’ll be recommending The Winds to your friends.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Love my stay here! Carsondonna was great and super friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean! Definitely will be coming back here soon! Nice breakfast and love that they had bicycles for us to use. The pools were great and loved the hammocks. Tiki bar

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2016

Dear asha s,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for submitting your review. I’m pleased to know you enjoyed the pools, hammocks, bicycles & breakfast. Thanks too for your compliments on the Resort’s housekeeping and for singling out Carsonna for your praises. She is a great asset to The Winds and I feel fortunate to have her as a member of our Guest Services Team.

Appreciatively,