Book now, pay at stay
US$199
The Anchorage Inn(Ocracoke)(Great Value!)
US$215
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
Crews Inn B&B(Ocracoke)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslighthouse suitejane's roompool tableacross the streetbreakfast was amazinghomemade biscuitscheese gritsnew england stylesmall touchesdressing areascreened in porchesboth morningslow ceilingsocracoke islandb bsbeautiful islandunique place
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We were intrigued by The Castle's website and chose this for our first visit to Ocracoke. The property is lovely, in a great location, friendly staff, and offered an amazing breakfast buffet. If we were to return, we would not stay in Patty's room, simply because of the noise issue from the outdoor HVAC compressor unit which backs up to the headboard of the bed! I think it may be helpful to make a different room arrangement, with the bed on an inside wall. This may be the only room with this issue, and it was our luck of the draw to be there. Other than a sleepless night we enjoyed the restaurants, the sights, shops, and all that this historic little village has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pats4U
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at Castle on Silver Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for reviewing our B&B, we count on good reviews and know that many travelers take them seriously. I will mention the noise issue to the innkeeper.
I am happy to hear your enjoyed your breakfast and hope you will be back to our little island soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I attended the 2017 Ocrafolk Festival & stayed one night in Webb's room. The room was very intimate but perfect for a quick stay. I loved the spacious bathroom & easy access to the 2nd level porch.

The staff there were super nice & welcoming. I got a tour when I arrived - instantly fell in love with the area. They explained the kitchen rules, the free bike rentals, wifi information & the outdoor amenities.

It is located within walking distance to several places to eat. I loved going out to the sun deck on the harbor & enjoying the view. The inside is decorated with wonderful antiques, it is something truly beautiful & pictures do not do this place jusitice!

I loved hearing about the history of the Castle & noticing it's funny, but interesting quirks. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments and your recommendation. We try to make each guest feel welcome and we love sharing the history of The Castle. Please come back when you can.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Cannot recommend Kathie's room or Webb's room #12. No phones in either room, no alarm clock, TV extremely small screen. Webb's room no info book, hair drier unusable as only outlet was on baseboard, room extremely small and bed location only accessible from one side. Kathie's room extremely small bath with tub/shower in bedroom. No staff after about 5:00 until breakfast and building is not secured in any way.

Staff when present were very friendly. Breakfast was great and plentiful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at Castle on Silver Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

I regret that you did not have the experience you expected and deserved during your stay. Webb's Room is very small and as we mention in the description, was formerly the Innkeeper's Quarters. Please consider coming back to The Castle B&B and stay in a different room...I would suggest The Lake Room or Jane's Room or Billy's Room. All are spacious and I think you would like any of those. Thank you for your review, we need to know when we miss the mark, but I do hope you will come back

Reviewed 17 May 2017

It has been almost three years since our last visit and we were so glad to be back at the Castle on Ocracoke Island.
Sumptuous breakfasts, beverages, mints, nuts, water, fruit,muffins and gracious hosts help to make the Castle so special.
We stayed in the Lake Room again and enjoyed the spaciousness of the bedroom and the bath and the upgraded king mattress.
Spring is a wonderful time of the year to visit...beautiful days,few crowds,short waits at restaurants and no mosquitoes yet !
You will find lovely shops and will be able to leave the car parked and enjoy the old timey bicycles provided free of charge or rent a golf cart, right across the street
and tool all around the town.
They had a 75 year memorial at the Old Cemetary for the fallen sailors from Canada and England that washed ashore here, after their ship was sunk by a U-boat. It was a moving ceremony complete with all the brass and a bagpipe ensemble.
Always something special to enjoy in and around the wonderful great Castle !
Don't miss it !

Room Tip: Lake room has excellent view of the harbor
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at Castle on Silver Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

We were happy to have you back and happier to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The British War Graves Ceremony is always very moving. It is one of the many things that make Ocracoke Island so special.
Please come back as soon as you can and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

My wife and I have been coming to Ocracoke for many years, and we don't come if we can't get the Lighthouse Suite. It isn't just a room, it is the experience that makes the trip. From the time Ronnie welcomes you until you leave, it is so relaxing and fulfilling. Sitting outside on your cupola overlooking Silver Lake from the top of the inn, standing in the shower looking at the lighthouse, 3 complete rooms with 360 degree views, 9 foot pool table, free bicycles, private heated pool, steam showers, UNBELIEVABLE breakfast...it goes on and on. I don't want to say much more because everybody will find out about this place and we won't be able to get "our weekend :-) Number 4 of out 7 B&Bs in Ocracoke? Really?? We're coming back in a few weeks and obviously already looking forward to it!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at Castle on Silver Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Your review even makes ME want to stay in The Lighthouse Suite! Thank you so very much. I will make sure every one who works at The Castle sees this. And we will see you in a few weeks.