“The best restaurant - by far- in Oriental.”
Review of M & M's Cafe

M & M's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Oriental
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a casual every day dining restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining. We serve everything from fresh local seafood to comfort food to the classics. If you like cold drinks, local friends and an at home atmosphere this is the place for you.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Excellent food. By far the best restaurant in Oriental. We tried them all, no one comes close to the quality and selection of dishes this place has. There is screened outdoor dining, and nice indoor tables and a bar as well. Cozy and inviting. The food is the star here, both my wife and I agree that there is no equal to this place any where within 30+ miles. old fashioned friendly service with in depth descriptions of the many available dishes and specials... Able waitresses and bus boy round out a truly enjoyable dining experience. M&M'a will not waste your time or your money and must visit in Oriental.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Ate here recently as was down with some friends fishing. They had a ton of specials. The apps and entrees were very tasty and the beers very cold. The only thing that stood out was there were very few people in the restaurant for a Friday evening but the service was incredibly slow. Would hate to see what would happen if they were crowded.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Had a wonderful lunch here! We went here with friends and sat on the outside deck. Weather was beautiful and a nice breeze, but I can see where on a hot day, it would be preferable to be inside. Very casual atmosphere. We all enjoyed our meals. The corn chowder (daily special) I think was the best I've ever had (with a bit of a kick, which I love) and the Rum Bread Pudding was yummy, lot's of cinnamon but needed more Rum, but we all enjoyed it. Staff was friendly and efficient. Would definitely visit again if we are in the area.

Lot's of choices on the regular menu, but daily specials were another menu themselves. Everything I tried was on the special menus and were fantastic choices: Corn Chowder, Beer Battered Cod w/sweet potato fries, and Rum Bread Pudding.

Prices are between Cheap-eats and mid range, but very reasonable and fair.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to M&Ms. The atmosphere and food are awesome! We had the sea bass bites and conch fritters the first time much to our delight. They were so good that when we docked the next week we went back. We had the mahi mahi bites and the flounder. Once again amazing. The food was really very good. The service was great as well. We ate in the bar the first week and the porch the second. The location is walking distance from the transient dock. There is a view of the harbor as well.
We will return there.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We thought this place should be serving good food since it was so crowded but after we sat down we understood the reason of it: servers are way too slow.
We were handed menus and told that we can sit wherever we want. When the server come we were ready to order our food but she said 'I will bring only drinks now and come back for the food order' so we asked for water first and she left immediately while my husband was going to ask for a beer too if she didn't left so quickly. She came back with the water, took our beer and food order. After 30-40min wait(We even thought about leaving) she only brought the food with no beer. We had to remind her and btw my husband would drink more than one if she brought it earlier. The burger I ordered had stale bun, I couldn't even eat it so my husband offer switching the plates with me; he could only eat the meat of the burger.
The only good thing they have free wifi but still, it doesn't worth it.