All reviews farm to table pilot mountain bed and breakfast working farm enjoyed our overnight stay gracious hosts b bs baked apple our room was spacious third floor oatmeal next morning white suite todd mt hogs accommodations
Reviewed 24 May 2018

The Mighty Oak is a modern B&B on an 87 acre farm in the midst of vineyards, golf courses, and interesting Mt Airy, NC. Our group of 4 couples has been visiting B&Bs twice a yr for more than 20 yrs. We spent 3 nights. The registration fee was competitive. Without a doubt, the culinary talents of Tood & Lisa were unmatched in our experience, especially the one evening meal on site. Three breakfasts were unmatched....farm products & presentation spectacular. The accommodations are superb! A family room for wine, cheese, and colleagial sharing of "ideas." The guys played golf.....spouses did sightseeing in and around Mt Airy. Two evening dinners were at superb vineyards recommended by Tood/Lisa.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms have view of the working farm and nearby mountain range. All rooms have access to an outside deck overlooking the area.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Stayed 05/04-06/18. Sought down-to-earth, sincere, kind people to "keep" me in their clean, pretty, comfortable and charming home. Man, did I hit the jackpot. Innkeepers Todd and Lisa were great. And then some. Todd kindly communicated with me (via text) as I approached (from afar) and was incredibly patient when my travel plans went a bit wonky. After settling into my room on night #1, I literally wilted in front of my bedroom window...and allowed the night sounds, a rising moon behind Pilot Mountain, fresh breezes, and some quiet talk with God melt my tension right out of me. Serenading me there: a chorus of peepers, a couple silly birds (who should've been in bed), a duet or trio : ) of bullfrogs in a nearby pond...and a slight rustle / occasional, faint snort of grazing cattle. The next morning, tea and coffee were available early and then a little later, breakfast. Todd appeared with a smile, a gentle word and a chef's coat - nice! He prepared (for just me, day one, then for a nice group of us, day two) EXCELLENT breakfasts that I felt totally safe consuming (read: you will know from whence your food cometh...and it's as organic as possible). I would readily return here. I would enthusiastically recommend. It is rural. It is quiet. It is charming. Very glad I stayed. Thanks Todd, Lisa, "Dad", kiddos and grand-kiddos. You are all treasures : )!

Room Tip: Each room offers a different view. Check out their website or call if you might have a preference.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to stay at a Bed and Breakfast for the first time. We were excited to find A Might Oak near Mount Airy. Upon arrival we were met by Lisa, she was so gracious and informative. We were shown to our room and it was beautiful. She gave us some information about local attractions. We lived talking with her. The next morning we were served an incredible breakfast. We enjoyed yogurt with strawberries to start. Next she brought out a baked oatmeal with blueberries and honey with sausage from hogs raised on there farm. We would definitely go back if we ate back in the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2017

We spent a night at A Mighty Oak B&B to break up a long road trip and had a very relaxing night's stay. On the range of B&B's being one's home with bedrooms for rent versus a small inn, A Mighty Oak leans toward the former. The owners/hosts live here and do their best to accommodate your arrival time and meet your needs.

We were generally impressed with our room which included a separate sitting area, although it was a little odd that the sofa in the sitting area has you staring at a blank wall. Be sure to read the room descriptions carefully if you are interested in the breathtaking views at sunrise or sunset, because each room has a different view to offer.

Todd makes an incredible breakfast with only the freshest ingredients. He and Lisa have a great story to tell about how they are where they are in life today. They make you feel like family.

The only thing that keeps me from rating it five stars is that the room has no TV. We enjoy listening to the news as we get ready in the morning, and it is not possible to do that here. They do have a common room on the third floor with a TV, so you can watch TV shows or news at night as long as you don't mind sharing the space with other guests at their B&B.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2017

This was our first B&B experience and we will definitely be back! The food was absolutely fantastic and the rooms were perfect. Beautiful views from the porch and peaceful settings all around. Todd and Lisa were great hosts and directed us to some awesome places to visit. Will definitely be back again! Thanks Todd and Lisa!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple