“Looking Glass 1/2 Day Climb with Doug”

Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: As the only climbing guide service in the Southeast accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association, Fox Mountain Guides and Climbing School offers guided rock and ice climbing trips throughout the region. Whether you are a family who wants to try something new and adventurous or an experienced climber who wants to climb the tallest rock face on the East Coast, we have programs to suit to everyone from complete novices to experts. Let Fox Mountain Guides take you higher!
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Doug took my 16yr old son and I climbing at Looking Glass Rock. Neither of us had outdoor climbing experience. Doug was great - very encouraging! It was an amazing experience! Would definitely do this all over again!

All reviews
"guide travis"
"ice climbing"
"real rock"
in 5 reviews
"answered all our questions"
"experience level"

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

First time climbing in NC for my girls and I. Fox came highly recommended and Karsten did not disappoint. The climbing at Rumbling Bald and Looking Glass was great and he knew just the right amount of challenge for the girls as they are learning to climb. Thanks Karsten. We will definitely be back to climb.

1  Thank 5crazies
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My 7 year old daughter and I had an incredible day climbing in the Cashiers NC area with Fox Mountain Guide Peter Oas. The entire experience was excellent from the instruction, gear, location and exciting climbs. Peter was and excellent instructor that went the extra mile to make my daughters first climbing experience successful, exciting and memorable. I highly recommend Fox Mtn Guides and guide Peter Oas.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

I took the Rock 201 course with Joel and am pleased with the results. He walked us through anchor building so easily and made sure we had plenty of time to practice on and off the rock so we felt confident in our skills. So grateful to Joel and the Fox team!