“Good for the price”
Review of Sportsman's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Sportsman's Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The cheapest hotel we have stayed in on our US trip and perfectly good. It does what it sets out to do. A laundry room was a bonus. Clean, friendly and good value. Next to the highway but no trouble with noise. Why pay more for an overnight stop. One negative - the air con unit was really noisy. Too noisy to sleep with.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
NGJhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Sportsman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Hello
I would like to thank you for staying with us at Sportsman's Inn in Plymouth NC. I want to share the news that we have replaced the a/c unit so there will be no noise and only peace. We apologize for your inconvenience that was caused by bad a/c unit. It was back ordered for some time now and it has arrived now and replaced the old one.
We appreciate all your guidance to make us better. We value your feedback!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I liked staying here ! I stayed when I had to do internship work with my college and the stay was very pleasant. Nothing was wrong with the place , staff , or room . I enjoyed being able to walk in and not have to worry about whether I had enough of something or needed more . I appreciated the new fridge in the room and can tell the place had a new paint job .

There are a few things I want to say though : Since they renovated the property , I kind of wish they had done the same with the bed spread . I feel that if they had just a simple comforter, this place would have gotten five stars from me. I just didn't like it because it felt like such a step back from how simple and clean the place was but it wasn't a let down either. Another thing I will say is that their snack machine needs to be fixed . Although it wasn't a bother to me , I can tell it might upset others that maybe wanted a late night snack .

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
NGJhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Sportsman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Thank You for your feedback. We are in the process of renovation and resetting the theme of Motel currently. The bedspreads are in order of coming and will be changed soon. About the snack machine, we are sorry for that but we no longer provide that service and the machine have such displayed notice.
Once again, I appreciate your review on behalf of our team at Sportsman's Inn.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

The Sportsman's Inn is an older, budget motel, but well maintained. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The outdoor pavilion was a great place to relax on a sunny afternoon. The owners were extremely helpful and accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
NGJhospitality, Public Relations Manager at Sportsman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank You for your review. Your feedback motivates us do our best work and provide excellent services to our guest. We look forward to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

We were traveling in the area for a family reunion and needed a place to stop for the night. Front Desk person was very friendly and helpful. This motel is very conveniently located on the highway to the Outer Banks. But, it is pretty old and VERY basic. Sheets are very thin, and towels are very small; no hand towels. Bed was sort of squeaky and crunched when getting in and out of it. But carpet appeared to be recent and clean. All in all, it was worth the $69.95 that I paid to stay there. The 10:00 A.M. check out time was a surprise.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 7hokiegirl5
NGJhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Sportsman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you for staying with us at Sportsman's Inn. I assure you on behalf of our whole team that on your next visit you can definitely expect improvements. We believe in quality over quantity and your review does help us to improve our service and amenities. We appreciate your feedback

Reviewed 27 June 2016

My husband and I just got home from a week's stay in Plymouth{we were doing some work on a sailboat nearby}, and we stayed here for the entire week.
Our {non-smoking} room was smallish, but not uncomfortably so. It was very clean, neat, and well maintained.The bed was comfortable, and had almost enough pillows{they gladly gave me another one upon request}.Everyone was friendly, pleasant and helpful.
We had a fridge,& microwave in our room, which was really all we needed,{although a small coffeemaker might have been nice}.
It was peaceful and a pleasant place to stay while we were in town.The rates were excellent, and we will look forward to a return visit soon.
My only disappointment was that we couldn't use the nice, clean refreshing-looking pool, because the pool inspector hadn't come to inspect it for this season. I'm hoping that will be fixed by the time we come back!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
NGJhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Sportsman's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Hello Susan.. I am glad to see your review on Sportsman's Inn. Yes the pool is fixed, inspected and open to our guests now. We take pride in keeping our property well equipped and clean. Your feedback is appreciated. Looking forward to your next stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
2.3 km away
28.6 km away
Hampton Inn Edenton
Hampton Inn Edenton
#1 of 2 in Edenton

Been to Sportsman's Inn? Share your experiences!