“Disappointed ”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This is not one of the worst hotels that I have been in before but I was definitely unhappy with it. On approach it doesn't look bad from the outside but I stayed in room 107 and it was disappointing when I opened the door. Very old and musty. My boyfriend walked into a spider web going through the door. There were no other hotels with available nearby because of an event happening over the weekend. There were stains on the pillows but pillowcases themselves seemed ok. Sheets seemed ok as well but I still slept in all my clothes and ended up wrapping a tshirt over a pillow because I didn't trust my face or mouth near the pillow since I'm a side sleeper. The bed wasn't that bad as far as comfort. I did intend to stay the weekend here but I won't be staying a second night and don't plan to come back here again. I didn't expect high class due to the cost but definitely expected better than we got

Stayed: August 2017
Management response:Responded 13 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
I have just read your review of our hotel. I too am dissapointed with the room conditions you described you experienced while here at the hotel. Please accept my apology. I am very sorry. The things you encountered are not the norm but the exception for our rooms.
I will share this review with my entire staff especially with the housekeepers. Again, I am very sorry your stay was unpleasant.
Raj Patel
GM
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Plymouth, NC

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

NICE large rooms, clean, comfy, and nice staff. Good value for the low key area. Professional staff in a town that has not much to offer. Highly recommended if on your way to outer banks. There are only a few other motels. One is brand new and the price is outrageous for the area. There are a few other at about the same price as Rodeway but they are not as nice. So, this is the place if in the Plymouth area to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cyndipgh .
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We stayed here for one night while we visited the Outer Banks because it was significantly cheaper to stay here than on the island. It was about an hour drive from the hotel to the Outer Banks, but it was worth it for the money we saved. It was clean, comfortable, and affordable. We would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Booked this at short notice and reviews were ok. This hotel is very basic. Meant to have a pool, but pool isn't open in April...didn't say that when I was booking. Bathroom door won't open from inside (room 101), so if you are alone be careful before closing the door. Room is shabby. Breakfast was minimal, no yogurt eggs...just doughnuts cereal and a waffle machine. So I put my waffle plate down for about 10 seconds while I poured coffee. When I went to eat the waffle at the table, 4 ants on it. Checked the counter, lots of little ants. Unfortunately we then noticed them in the wash basin of our room.
This can't be a surprise to the management

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smallfootstep
Management response:Responded 24 April 2017

Mrs. O'Sullivan

I'm concerned about your experience at our hotel during you recent visit.
I'm writing you to thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology. We called our pest service technician, who does
our monthly service, to spray in breakfast area and rooms too.

Again, thank you for taking your time to share this with me. Should you be traveling in our area again, I would like another opportunity to serve you.

Raj Patel
Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2017

This hotel continues to impress me. For an affordable price, I can sleep in a clean room feeling safe and secure with my car right outside the room. Breakfast is free and adequate. Wife is available. Will continue to use this hotel when visiting Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
2.1 km away
23.2 km away
Athol Plantation
Athol Plantation
#6 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!