All reviews stayed longer scones fore loughcrew westmeath hosts valley ireland beds
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This was easily the best B&B we stayed at during our recent trip to Ireland. We had a great welcome from Grainne and her husband John - and Ruby the red setter. Grainne and John were a mine of useful information, given with a super sense of humour. The freshly made scones were good, too! The bedrooms are spotlessly clean, very comfortable and with every amenity you could possibly need. Don't expect perfect wi-fi in every room - the walls are too thick for that - but, hey, you're on holiday! Grainne cooks a perfect breakfast, and there is plenty of choice - cooked or cold. The view from the breakfast room, over the valley, is superb. Can recommend without reservation - absolutely excellent.

Room Tip: Every room has a good view!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful B&B, excellent breakfast and lovely rooms. The property is stunning with lovely old trees and gardens to wander in and have a nice quiet meditation. Also plenty of places to go see close by. Very accommodating to our needs.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have been traveling to Fore since 1999, and over the past 18 years, I've stayed at Hounslow House many times. The B&B was originally managed by Eithne Healy but her daughter Grainne Healy and her husband manage it now. Upon your arrival, Grainne will greet you with a warm smile, a cup of tea and freshly baked scones. Her husband John, will entertain you with his quick wit and great sense of humor. Their home is incredibly clean and their beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The view from the breakfast table is absolutely stunning. As you enjoy a traditional Irish breakfast you can't help look out and stare at the beauty of the rolling green hills and horses grazing in the distance. Hounslow House is most certainly the best B&B in County Westmeath, but I would go as far to say that it's the best B&B in all of Ireland. You must pay them a visit, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I've recently returned from a 2.5 week vacation in Ireland and we stayed at many B&Bs. Hounslow House was easily one of the very best. The location and views are very tranquil. The proprietress Grainne was wonderful and sweet. The breakfast was amazing - really! The bed was very comfortable. The room and bath were very clean and the recent renovation is superb. The area does have much to offer. Loughcrew was one of my very favorite passage tombs (and I visited around 15) and Fore Abbey is not to be missed. I wish we had stayed more than the one day. My wife and I want to return to Hounslow House. Do not hesitate to book this gem!

Room Tip: Our room had a great view and awesome bath. The view from the breakfast room is excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I hardly ever write reviews but feel compelled to as I thought this B&B was excellent. Grainne was a splendid hostess, the rooms were immaculate and the setting beautiful and away from main traffic route. We loved being in the countryside. Only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer. Will recommend this B&B to all our friends who want to visit Ireland and if we come back again this will be at the top or our list.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family