“Great Place with good Vegan Options”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,538 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Ate here for lunch with my grown daughter for lunch. Very attractive atmosphere and inside color make Irregardless very inviting despite the age of the building which is rather plain outside.

My daughter tried the Zoodle Bolognese which is Zucchini pasta with vegan Bolognese sauce. She thought it was delicious and the portion size was appropriate for lunch. I ordered the California Pocket Pita which was delicious and came with a side a bargain at $8. The Tabouli salad side was also great.

Service was good. Overall a very nice place to eat lunch prices are $8 to $14 for the most part which is reasonable for a restaurant of this quality.

We were impressed and highly recommend Irregardless a Raleigh icon.

Anyag4, Public Relations Manager at Irregardless Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for this positive review. We are very glad that you enjoy our restaurant - people like you make it possible to continue doing what we love to do!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Irregardless has been serving creative and delicious meals for decades and I am proud to say that I've been a customer since I took my high school girlfriend there in 1974. Obviously the restaurant has changed since then and it's actually been reborn once after a fire, but Chef Arthur Gordon's kitchen has continued to improve and impress. They care about the ingredients and have their own vegetable/herb garden off-site. The staff is personable, informed and well-trained. Always a solid favorite for dinner, their Sunday brunch is legendary. A great place to eat, so be advised this place is no secret and you can expect a wait on weekends. On-street parking is available. Live music on weekends and Sunday brunch. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We dined here on a Sunday evening. We had a reservation, which was a good thing, because even though we were dining early, it filled up a quickly. The live music was a nice touch (acoustic guitar/singer) and most appreciated. My wife almost cried with joy at her huge veggie plate, and my steak fritte was delicious, much less so the fries, which were described as "the best in Raleigh". I didn't even finish them. The bar is cool, and the service friendly and helpful. Cool design and decor complete the picture. If you are looking for farm to table dining, this place has it done. Street parking.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went here tonight because I am a vegan and we wanted to try something new. Never again. Let me just say, the atmosphere is gorgeous; whoever did the designing really knew what they were doing. Also, live music is always a nice choice. That however is not enough to make up for overpriced food and the unfriendliest restaurant service I've ever had in my entire life.

Hostess was barely lukewarm in her lackluster greeting, but it would turn out she was the most gregarious person we would deal with. We were sitting at the booth for several minutes before our server, Yoselin, even came to ask us what drinks we wanted. It all started going downhill when my boyfriend ordered coke, and (after several more minutes) a bottled coke was brought out. It was not explained to him up front there were no free refills, so he sent it back. I guess the waitress took it personally because she gave us the cold shoulder after that. We had already been waiting over five minutes for water before my boyfriend went outside to smoke. While he was outside another server with a pitcher was filling up everybody else's glasses. I tried to get her attention but she didn't even look our way. By the time my boyfriend came back in his glass was still empty so I gave him mine. Our waitress was at the next booth cleaning up and I practically had to shout to get her attention. She looked kind of annoyed before going to get the water. We even were polite and said "thankyou" but she said nothing at all and seemed to avoid making eye contact with us. It continued this way the whole evening.

I ordered the wilderness pie (basically a vegan pot pie) that came with a side of lentils. The pot pie came out no bigger than a large roll and the flavorless lentil "side" took up half the plate. Definitely not worth the eighteen bucks they were charging for it, especially considering lentils are basically the peasant food of vegans. Had to practically coat the lentils in salt and pepper to make them edible. My boyfriend ordered a vegan chilli that looked and tasted more like a mediocre three bean pasta. Might I add, all the food was brought out barely lukewarm.

The whole time we were still being polite to the waitress, and she still avoided eye contact, frowned at us, and was very short. This was definitely personal, as she had no trouble smiling and laughing and making small talk with the people at the booth just next to ours. Yoselin brought out our checks without so much as a "Thank you for coming" even AFTER we once again said thank you to her!

As someone who works in a call center, I don't normally think twice about customer service because I realize working with the public is very demanding, however this young woman's service was terrible.

I'll stick with Fiction Kitchen. Better prices, better service, better food, better portions, and exponentially better people.

1  Thank Arwen D
Reviewed 26 March 2018

we went there with friends.
the pear martini, very good
calamari, very good, served with some coleslaw
steak frites however, very disappointing, a small cut or skirt steak with some fries (not the best you've ever had, just average fries), NO vegetables or salad, $24.00, the steak was tender, but burnt so you end up with a taste of burn in your mouth.
Morgan street chicken, 3 large pieces but tasteless!!!!
very nice server, but very slow service, we couldn't get out server when we needed her !!!
Maybe this is the place to eat if you're vegetarian !!!
last time in this place for us : (