“Family dinner”

Ranked #228 of 1,525 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally family owned and operated since 1982. Serving traditional Italian dishes, along with fresh salads, soups, sandwiches and hand-tossed NY Style pizza. We have an extensive wine list and a selection of beers and hard cider. Offering a cozy, relaxed atmosphere for dinner with the family, date night or a business luncheon.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We have been going here for several years now. It's always very good, food is fresh and delicious. The only negative thing I have to say about this place is that the seating is not always ideal. If you are not a small size person, you may have a little discomfort at the booths. Especially the two-person booths. But, the service and food is very good. Everything on their menu, including desserts, is excellent. We visit here about once a month and will continue. Very authentic food too.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband, daughter and I had my birthday dinner here, and we will definitely go back! The restaurant is small, but has a nice outdoor seating area as well. We ordered Cheese Ravioli with Oil and Garlic, Penne Pink Sauce with Mushrooms and Chicken Parmigiana with side of Pasta..... all of the dishes were excellent.
All of our dinners came with a salad and fresh, Italian bread. We are looking forward to going back and trying one of their pizzas! Our server was attentive and friendly. Atmosphere very family oriented.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Write a negative review if this restaurant since there was a problem. However I indicated they didn't have fresh mushrooms in their sauce. I stand corrected they do.

Took my daughter's for lunch we all enjoyed our food. They have good traditional Italian bread served with your choice of oil and butter which I like. Pasta with Marinara was good as well as a home made vegetable soup.

Server could have been a little more friendly but had a lot of tables. No problems and thus the better rating than last visit. I very much appreciate Piccola Italia management responding to my previous concerns in my review several months ago. It proves the management cares and tries to run a good operation.

1  Thank Don N
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Great place. Piccola Italia is celebrating its 35th anniversary. I think that says it all. The staff is friendly and service is good. Besides wonderful dinners they make terrific pizza. Also outdoor seating.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This restaurant is located in a popular shopping area very close to where I work. I rarely go out for lunch and since I follow a low carb lifestyle, I decided to give this place a try. I looked at their menu online and ordered a antipasto salad with a side of meatballs. The meatballs were in a tomato sauce and were pretty good. But there were only two of them for the price of $5.00! The salad on the other hand is another story! While it looked like I would be having leftovers for lunch tomorrow, by the time I picked out the bad lettuce pieces (including several pieces of large lettuce stems), there was hardly any left. What was also disappointing was the fact that the meat on top consisted of two small slices of deli ham rolled up with cheese and one small piece of salami! The majority of this salad wound up in the trash! Needless to say I will not be going back to Piccola! The two stars represent the two meatballs!!

3  Thank toujourdb92