“A great experience!”

Ranked #230 of 1,538 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Locally family owned and operated since 1982. Serving traditional Italian dishes, along with fresh salads, soups, sandwiches and hand-tossed NY Style pizza. We have an extensive wine list and a selection of beers and hard cider. Offering a cozy, relaxed atmosphere for dinner with the family, date night or a business luncheon.
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We had a great dinner this evening at this iconic Cameron Village restaurant which we have frequented since 1991. We thoroughly enjoyed dining on their outside patio with vases of fresh flowers on each table.. It was hard to decide what we should order with their large menu as well as their daily specials. Two of us ended up with 2 of their pasta specials which were delicious. We had great service from our waiter. Ernest the host who has worked there since 1992 was welcoming and made sure that we had a short wait and a great table. One really feels like family here!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

After almost 20 years of living in Raleigh, I have finally discovered this wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere makes you feel like it is your own family that is running it, you feel well taken care of and well looked after. Often times we will order pizza and pick it up to bring home on a weekend night, it is now our favorite pizza place! I am a huge garlic fanatic and when they put garlic on a pizza it's the real deal. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for some good Italian! The owner is from Italy and the same fella that opened it in the 80s! It has withstood the test of time and is truly one of the gems of Raleigh.

Natasha T, Manager at Piccola Italia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave us an awesome review. We're so happy to know that you love our pizza.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

My husband and I visited tonight because we had won a gift card and figured we'd give it a shot. The service was ok. I think our waiter was new as he seemed nervous and very unsure of himself. The food was unremarkable and bland. I almost always order tiramisu at Italian restaurants because it is one of my favorite things, and I opted to skip it entirely to avoid any more disappointment.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We have been going here for several years now. It's always very good, food is fresh and delicious. The only negative thing I have to say about this place is that the seating is not always ideal. If you are not a small size person, you may have a little discomfort at the booths. Especially the two-person booths. But, the service and food is very good. Everything on their menu, including desserts, is excellent. We visit here about once a month and will continue. Very authentic food too.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband, daughter and I had my birthday dinner here, and we will definitely go back! The restaurant is small, but has a nice outdoor seating area as well. We ordered Cheese Ravioli with Oil and Garlic, Penne Pink Sauce with Mushrooms and Chicken Parmigiana with side of Pasta..... all of the dishes were excellent.
All of our dinners came with a salad and fresh, Italian bread. We are looking forward to going back and trying one of their pizzas! Our server was attentive and friendly. Atmosphere very family oriented.