“Dinner on the road”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Ready for a good steak and from a local place. This was an excellent choice. Nice intimate room for dinner. Great selection on the salad bar. Crisp lettuce and everything you can ask for too add. Olives, cheese, eggs, bacon bits, radishes, peppers and more. The steak was a nice cut of filet. Cooked just perfectly. Baked potatoes was fine. Not large but good. Server was good and attentive. Gingerale was kept full and a good pace with food. Stop by when in Raleigh.

1  Thank weekendwonder1

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Best steak I've ever had bar none. Mom had the filet and said it was the softest most delicious she's ever had. I had a 14oz ribeye cooked to perfection. Hard not to load up on the killer salad bar, all in all you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Another visit to the Peddler. As usual it was wonderful. We had Steak, baked potato, salad bar, shrimp cocktail, and drinks. It was all great. The staff were lovely as usual. We have never had anything but a wonderful time when we go there. We also go to the one in Boone, NC when we are there. Same experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We went here for my Mom's birthday. They were super slammed and we had to wait a long time! However our steaks were worth the wait. The food and service was amazing!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Our visit here started with being told it was an hour wait for a table. We waited because of the reviews we had read. The wait turned into an hour and 45 minutes. They do not accept reservations, however, if you are a regular customer I saw that you can just walk in and tell the hostess you are sitting at so and so's table and you will be seated in front of the people waiting.
When we finally were seated we were sitting between two tables of very loud, very drunk people. Fun dinner company.
My wife and I both ordered the prime rib, she with a baked potato, I had fries with mine. The salad bar comes with all steak dinners. The salad bar seemed fresh and was constantly attended and restacked with fresh ingredients. My wife tried the house dressing and said it was pretty good. I had the blue cheese and it was pretty tasteless. Our prime ribs were served both cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Nicely done between medium to medium rare. Our sides were finally served 3-5 minutes later. My wife's baked potato was served plain and warm, not hot. I was expecting some nice hand-cut steak fries, but was served some frozen crinkle-cut garbage which they did not even bother to salt. We each had a glass of wine with our meals which was served after the sides came out. They must have ran out of wine glasses and had to go out back and dig these out of the shed or somewhere. They were just generic wine glasses, not red wine glasses and they were cloudy. Not outright dirty, or we would have sent them back, just cloudy, like stored on the back of the top shelf of the closet and just wiped off and not really washed. Overall, not a pleasant experience.
I can not recommend this restaurant.

Been to Peddler Steak House? Share your experiences!