“Feels like home”
Review of Despina's Cafe

Despina's Cafe
Ranked #16 of 55 Dessert in Raleigh
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Cafe
Description: I started my own catering business in 2010 working from home and when the orders started coming in more and more I decided that it was time for me to open the café/bakery. It has always been a dream of mine to own my own bakery with the sole purpose of bringing joy through food to the masses. After spending years cooking and baking for my family this dream is finally coming true.
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

There's always that spot that you feel most at ease with, and Despina's (Greek) Cafe in Raleigh, NC is that place. Like sitting in your mom's kitchen and smelling all the wonderful baked goods. It takes you back to a time where it was fun to get in the kitchen and enjoy family time and comfort food. Wonderful pastries, baked goods, panini sandwiches, and Greek specialties. Not your ordinary restaurant cafe fare, it's made only from whole foods, fresh daily, with the special ingredient of "LOVE"! I had to get that line in somewhere.

It's family run with a family atmosphere. I live next door and this place is my Saturday morning sanctuary. Wonderful energy, people, and food. My favorites are the breakfast specials, chicken salad, Italian Rustic and Roasted Pork panini, salads, homemade chicken orzo or mushroom soup, almond cake (gluten free), carrot cake, scones, turnovers, well almost everything really.

I'm checking out the orange cake now! Looks good. Oh, also heard they may have dinners soon. Can't wait! Come and visit and eat cake. Opa!

~The Sociallight
Donna Jeanne

Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

I absolutely love this place! Everything I have eaten here is FABULOUS! My favorites are the Greek wrap, Pastitsio, baklava, and bogatses! I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful! Highly Recommend!!

Reviewed 26 February 2016

I loved the flavored and fresh pastries, as well as the owners passion to create memorable tastes. My first experience was a lemon lavender scone and this brought me back for a raspberry white chocolate muffin. You can tell from the pastries that they're using some of the freshest ingredients available. There were lavender flowers in my scone and raspberries in my muffin. They also have Greek and Italian styled lunch/dinner options, but I have yet to try one, but if the ingredients are as fresh as the pastries it would be hard to go wrong.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

We would really like to try this restaurant again, but are giving it 3 stars because of how uncomfortable we felt inside. A lot of the owner's family and friends (?) were sitting in there and we felt like they were carrying on their own conversations with one of the workers (or the owner?) and stared at us the entire time. Very uncomfortable feeling. We couldn't even begin to give a revue of the food, because we wolfed it down as fast as we could and left!

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Mediocrity at best. Would have been better off at a fast food joint. Pasta salad and chicken salad are bland. Desserts looked good but after spending so much on just ok food I figured I could bake better at home.