“Delicious sushi, service not matching food”
Review of Mura

Mura
Ranked #121 of 1,542 Restaurants in Raleigh
Price range: US$20 - US$10,000
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Six Forks Rd and 440 Beltline
Description: Specializing in flavorful Japanese cuisine and one-of-a-kind sushi rolls, Mura has been one of North Hill's most popular restaurants since opening in 2005. Our menu features a delectable combination of steaks, sushi and other Japanese fare, as well as an extensive drink menu offering everything from Japanese beers and local craft brews to Asian-inspired cocktails and sake. Be sure to take advantage of our "Buy One, Get One 1/2 Off" sushi special in Raleigh, as well as other food and drink specials offered almost every day of the week.
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The sushi is delicious, and the rolls are ingenious and fun (to choose). Nice selection of wines and cocktails.

Service was sub-par, with the waitress not making recommendations or trying to make this an excellent experience.

I would return here for the food though and hope the management takes note of the opportunity to adjust service up.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Two for dinner. Upscale design, very interesting Pacific-centered menu, and excellent presentation and quality. But I suggested to my partner as we walked to our table, "concept food", and it was. Very good, just very little of it. Pricey.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

The food was good. Nothing amazing about it. The service was okay- our server attempted to be quality he just didn't seem to have "it". Unfortunately, I attended for a birthday dinner and the hosts ruined the experience from when we first stepped in the door. They seemed a little lost and less than enthusiastic towards the birthday girl. Might try it again one day.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Being from the Northeast I am always leery of Japanese food outside of New York and California. The hotel where I am staying on this business trip swore that I would love Myra. I did. The sushi menu is what I would expect from a good quality restaurant of this type. The sake menu was exceptional with some brilliant options to go along with the Japanese fare. The menu is somewhat eclectic in that you have some grill items that are more attuned to American tastes so that you can go here with people who both love Sushi/Japanese food and those who are less familiar with it. Brilliant concept.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Sushi roll was fine. Seaweed salad was good. Atmosphere was pleasant. Service was good. Will plan to return for further bites for lunch or dinner pending time allows on this vacation.

Been to Mura? Share your experiences!