4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
PricelineUS$149
eDreamsUS$149
Orbitz.comUS$149
TravelocityUS$149
All reviews pizza the river the dragon white oak bear creek falls trout grounds are beautiful get away north carolina beautiful place fire pit hiking trails you will not be disappointed can't wait to go back love this place cherohala skyway lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2021

So they don’t take lunch reservations. Was there before and waited 30 minutes for a table. so you know, this place is at least 90 minutes from anything and there is nothing much else nearby. Today it was sunny, 72 and October when leaves are changing. Trying to avoid the crowd got there at 2:30. Said they were busy and had not anticipated this. So this caters to bikers and they didn’t think a beautiful October day would be busy? told they were closing the kitchen to new orders for 30 minutes, THEN it would still be another 30 minute wait.
If you go, you take a chance you will have to wait a VERY long time. Of course, they could remedy this by taking reservations.
I have eaten there before, and while the view is fantastic, food is very mediocre. But I was willing to put up with that. But NEVER again. Drive all that way and then can’t get seated. No way to run a business.

1  Thank sendmehome
Valerie Frapp, Marketing at Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2021

Hi Sendmehome,

I hope you're having a fantastic day!

We are nestled in between two national forests and have beautiful view in every direction. October's leave changing weather keeps us extremely busy. We cater to all guest. Only accepting reservations for guest staying over night but welcome everyone else on a first come first served basis in our Tavern. We do our best to keep up and make every experience at Tapoco amazing. Sometimes things happen and we just ask for patience while we catch up. My sincerest apologies that you were not satisfied with your personal experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

This is a fantastic inn that completes the whole picture of a five star experience. The inn is located on a creek with outdoor seating for dinner at water’s edge. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect. We rented the Rhododendron suite and it was beautiful. The bedding was luxurious and the seated area of the suite was well appointed. The suite was on the third floor with no elevator, which wasn’t a problem for us, but if you have trouble walking, this may be a problem. It’s a historic building and it’s part of the charm!!! The suite has no tv, which was also ok with us, but if you are a tv watcher, not in this place!! It was a truly great experience for our couples getaway. It’s very peaceful and the rustling water in the creek just puts you in a different state of mind. We loved it here!!

Room tip: Make a reservation for dinner before you arrive!
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Oh my goodness, loving your experience. Thank you for sharing the different state of mind. We look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

Hope, Jasmine, and Chelsea are the best! The kitchen manager who’s name I didn’t know and the kitchen staff really do a great job too! My friends and I showed up close to closing and we got bad information about when they closed. They still let us order food did it with a smile and helped us with some local information. The food is great and the service is awesome and I kept going back every day until I left. I recommend the pizza, burger, and the max and cheese , they were my favorites. They were booked when I looked into staying there, so book in advance. The property is Breathe taking and I can’t wait to stay there next year. This for having a great attitude y’all!
-Henry

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Valerie Frapp, Marketing at Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2021

Awesome! Kudos to Jasmine, Chelsea, and the kitchen staff! Thank you Henry for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed 7 October 2021 via mobile

We actually got engaged earlier in the year at Tapoco and decided to get married at Tapoco Lodge. Words cannot express how beautiful everything turned out! Valerie Frapp and Kim Vaught well exceeded my expectations and went above and beyond! I can honestly say it was the ABSOLUTE BEST day of my life!! Valerie made sure everything was perfect! It was done before I could even ask! Kim Vaught has a magnetic personality and she performed the most intimate and special ceremony for us! I had never read vows so special! The whole day, Valerie, Kim and all of Tapoco’s amazing staff well exceeded my expectations! It couldn’t have been a better day!! I don’t want to leave out Dave!! He is always a friendly, smiling face that welcomes you in the door! I highly recommend this venue for any special occasion or event! I know we will be returning year after year for our anniversary. Tapoco Lodge is such a special gem hidden in the beautiful mountains of NC. Book your special weekend ASAP b/c they fill up fast!!

Room tip: Depends on where you are coming from. Be careful of the Tail of the dragon! 318 curves in 11 mile stretch. Beautiful scenery!!Drive careful!
Trip type: Travelled with family

Oh my goodness, you are the sweetest! Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate each and everyone of them so much! It was great getting to work with you both all year long. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2021

Our family has a reunion every 2-3 years at some location in the US. We've stayed at a different venue every time. This year (2021) we all met at Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort. In short it was a great fit for the 14 adults and a toddler and baby. We rented White Oak 1 and its large living space and full kitchen were a great gathering place for us all.

The staff took great care of us and any issues were handled quickly and efficiently.

We all enjoyed our stay, we were comfortable and will happily return.

Room tip: White Oak 1 has a full kitchen and plenty of room to gather up to 15 or 20 adults.
Date of stay: August 2021
Valerie Frapp, Marketing at Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Hi Rhonda,

I hope you're having a fabulous day!

Thank you guys for choosing Tapoco for your 2021 Reunion. We hope to see you in the future as well.