“Nice surprise”
Review of San Jose Restaurant - CLOSED

San Jose Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Hubby and I went here for lunch after seeing the $1.99 margaritas and $4.75 specials they were offering. We were pleasantly surprised. The food and service was excellent. The waitress made sure we were well taken care of and our food was excellent. We will be returning again.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

While passing down this state coming of Virginia I had to stop as I noticed on my cellphone Mexican food, which I was craving for days now, I saw the add that they were serving tacos along other Mexican dishes.

Arriving to the place which is located in a small mall plaza, I noticed they were the only restaurant that had patio umbrellas on the outside of the premises, which indicated it was good to be dinning out too, entering the restaurant noticed the Mexican ambience immediately, and the smell OMG that Mexican food smell throw me back to down south Mexico, immediately went to the menu and they had almost every delicious dish made out of carne or beef from different types, they have a serve yourself bar which contains salsas jalapeños onions pickles lemons and many more things among others.

The tacos were delicious and the service excellent. The prices are reasonable and I will definitely come back for more food to this place.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Although the one time we actually got waited on, the food was quite good. Unfortunately the next 2 times, we could not get a server for a good 15 minutes - and the place was pretty empty. Quality of choices from the bar are very minimal and low end.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Place was clean and the wait staff were attentive, however the music was very loud (even after I asked them to turn it down). I ordered chicken nachos but had to order more cheese sauce as sauce was so thin. My husband's chicken burrito was average as were the refried beans. Will not be returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

This place tries to be a Mexican restaurant, but the food is all Americanized. Even my kids thought that the food was terrible. Getting service to our table was very difficult. I would never go back here again, even for a free meal. The management of this place should be placed in stocks and have people throw coins at them. I don't understand why this place was crowded on a Sunday afternoon because it is absolutely awful.