All reviews spa bath steep hill oshen apartments ocean view one bedroom apartment shower door the kitchen small balcony walk up room was spacious washer dryer ironing board undercover parking third floor lovely apartment look elsewhere stayed for nights
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We were booked into Oshen for 2 nights on our way to Pumpkin Island...arriving on a Sunday we auto checked in to what appeared to be a deserted building...we were xpecting an apartment but found ourselves in a room..no problem really..great bed ocean views etc etc and then the shower!!! How do developers hire architects who think that people travelling..especially older people travelling..want a bathroom with a glass wall ..sorry I dont want to wat h my spouse on the loo..but worse a SPA BATH..blocked off by a glass wall with a narrow door...NOTHING to grab on to as you manouvre yourself over a 20 inch high bath surround into a slippery bath so you can turn the shower on.....I so wish I had taken a pic of this monstrous contraption...so for that reason alone never stay at Oshen

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Charlie S, Reservations at Oshen Apartments Yeppoon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback.
I am sorry to hear your stay was affected by the issues mentioned.

After reading your review I reached out to the company you made your booking with, Booking.com. I was thinking we must have made a mistake and placed you in a hotel room when you reserved an apartment.
Booking.com have come back to me confirming the reservation you made with them was for a Hotel Room with an ocean view and not an apartment.

Our Hotel Rooms with an ocean view are very popular. Guests often mention they love that the design allows you to lay in the spa bath while looking out to the ocean.
The bathroom design in this particular room type is flexible, in that it features a retractable blind. The blind can be closed to cover the glass screen, for times when privacy is preferred.

Our listings on booking sites such as Booking.com provide actual images and descriptions of each room / apartment, including information such as if the room features a combined shower and spa bath or just a shower. I do feel in this instance that the issues that affected your stay are as a result of selecting a room type not suited to your requirements.
We always encourage guests to book directly with our reservations team. Not only do guests save some money but the team also recommend what room/apartment types are best suited to a guest’s requirements.

When next you are travelling through Yeppoon, please contact me directly, I would love the opportunity to take care of your accommodation arrangements.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Awesome views from our appartment over looking the ocean and Gt Kepple Island.
Well appointed with everything you need to be self catering.
Short walk to town, the hill back home gives you a good work out!!
Friendly reception and cleaning staff.
Definately recommend and would definately return in the future.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018

This was our second visit to Oshen, and we will be back for more breaks.
The view from our balcony was fantastic.
We have stayed as a couple which was great in a Spa Suite, but this time we had our daughter and 2 grandchildren, they loved it so much.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed in two different one bedroom apartments for five weeks over the last two months.
Firstly it's nicely located with easy access to the restaurants, pubs and cafes.
The apartments staff and management were lovely, very helpful and accommodating.
The room was well set out and very well appointed , everything you'll need.
I found the rooms clean, quiet and comfortable.
Would definitely recommend this accommodation - had a great stay and will be back to stay here next time in Yeppoon.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Oshen apartments. Views are stunning and the rooms well appointed with very accommodating staff. Overall a great experience. The bathrooms can be difficult for anyone with accessibility issues as it is hard to get in and out of the shower (hot tub and shower combined - a bad design)...parking underground is a VERY tight squeeze with a challenging entry.

• Trip type: Travelled on business