“Processed parmigiana, roast was very good”
Review of Spinifex Hotel

Spinifex Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 24 June 2016

After a few day trip to the Archipeligo our fellow boat friends and us all decided to meet up at the hotel for dinner. The roast pork was very large and lots of veggies and meat, however my parmigiana was made entirely of processed chicken breast, and at $26 I really really was disappointed. The roast was $22 including a dessert, but as it took them 20 minutes to clear our plates and no offer of the included dessert it was too late to have it and the waitress wasn't forthcoming and seemed altogether confused.

Room Tip: Don't choose the parmigiana
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Upon arrival last Tuesday 14th June 2016, I was greeted by friendly administration staff who quickly checked me in. Walking to my room I noticed a sparkling swimming pool and tidy decking. I also pickup up on the beautiful 31 degrees which was nice coming from a freezing Perth. The beer garden was being renovated with a mobile stage being put in, new artificial lawn and an enormous sand pit for the little ones. The hotel manager advised me all will be completed in one week. My room was peacefully quiet and everything I needed with a comfortable bed, good size TV with Foxtel, fridge and a nice hot shower. I attended the front bar and was happy to see numerous beer taps and dozens of bottled beer and wines. The staff were friendly and in full uniform. I ordered the 5 spice squid for entrée which was delicious and followed up with the Spinifex Steak sandwich which was huge. The bar was busy as was the restaurant. Next morning I went for a run along a well lit up walk/cycle path to the Derby Jetty and was greeted with a postcard view of the jetty under lights and a wonderful sunrise. Back to the Spinifex for the Spinifex Big Breakfast which arrived on a large plate and was fault less. For dinner I tried the beef vindaloo and was once again impressed. Overall the hotel management and staff are a well-organized team and I will be back.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs check your room is on ground level.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We arrived at 5 pm all rooms were ready for our party of 40 Aussies on a tour bus. The rooms fully equipped with washing machines, You could live here if working in the town. The units are very well insulated for cooling and noise. Handy to pool and kitchen if you eat in house. Absolutely beautifully finished great beds.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level unit.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

I must say i was totally surprised by this place. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. I had a really restful time here as I couldn't hear any of my neighbours so there must be some serious sound proofing going on. The restaurant is amazing too, great food! Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Modern hotel with great dinning available indoors or out. All our meals were well presented and tasty. Good facilities if needing a hotel here I would definitely stay but ensure all your valuables are locked away as people we know had their bikes stolen off their trailers whilst in the car park

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Trevor B, Manager at Spinifex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are so sorry the bikes were stolen and we are looking into updating our security so this will not happen again!