“Great Ice Cream for a Vacation Treat”
Review of Village Conery

Village Conery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Salvo
Reviewed 19 June 2018

This place was packed every night. But it's worth the wait because their ice cream was very good. I feel they had generous portions as well. The teenage staff were friendly too. This is a great place to treat the family while on vacation.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The service is slow because there was only one guy working but he sure was working his tail off to get us our orders! The ice cream was amazing and they do not skimp on the toppings either. My husband and two children ate there for 15 bucks. Not too shabby.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I love this place and try to stop every time we are here. They have some unique flavors of ice cream I don't see else where. The service is friendly and even if you have to wait it is worth it.

In response to a couple of other reviews I've seen. Yep DQ might be a little cheaper (not by much) but I can hit a chain store when I'm at home. I would rather support the local businesses while I'm down here and experience the little shops and the quaint feel that they have. I love talking to the local people and hearing about the island and their lifes on it.

I've been stopping at the Village Conery for 8 years now and will always make a stop while I'm here to support them and have a good cone!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This place serves Hershey's ice cream, which we found at several other places on the outer banks. It's not homemade, so I fail to see why so many people rave about it. The ice cream is good, but no better than the other places that serve Hershey's. I think people rave about it because they are at the beach with their families, and who doesn't like ice cream at the beach? So go there with your family and friends and enjoy yourself. It will be crowded in the evening.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We were fortunate to be within walking distance of Village Conery and so my family of 4 strolled to VC after dinner one evening. Our order consisted of a milkshake and 3 cones. We ordered and were served immediately...out the door in 5 minutes or so. Just a great experience. Their options are endless, from sundaes to shakes to cones and more!! This place is handicap friendly with a ramp entrance and they have plenty of outdoor seating. Don't miss VC if you are craving ice cream while in Salvo!!