“Great for lunch! ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Had been walking around downtown Sanford and happened to see the Steele Pig from across the street. We decided to try it for lunch. They have a nice selection of sandwiches and entrees. Most are either $8 or $10 and come with a side and a drink. Our server, who did a fabulous job, filled us in on the menu items since it was our first visit. He highly recommended the Shrimp BLT sandwich and the Shrimp and Fried Grits. I had the last order of Shrimp and Fried Grits available with Hoppin John as my side. What a delicious choice! The Fried Grits patty was covered with shrimp and a very nicely flavored ham gravy. The Hoppin John was a great side with the entree. Our table also has the Shrimp BLT and the BBQ sandwich with their Parmesan rosemary fries. The sandwiches were delicious, and the fries were tasty, although they could have been crispier perhaps. The iced tea was excellent. All in all, I would highly recommend the Steele Pig for a great lunch in downtown Sanford!

1  Thank Keith14082

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I am so glad that they are now open for lunch. I went with my mom & grandma for lunch. They waiter was super friendly and really knew the menu well. He said the burgers are really popular ,so since they have several to choose from I told him to surprise ,me. He chose the mushroom & Swiss burger and it was fantastic! I am not big on burgers but this one was very juicy and full of flavor. My mom got the one with pimento cheese and she said hers was just as delicious. The parmesan fries were just as excellent. We also sampled some of the butternut squash soup, rice/beans & crème brulee. All of which was very delish. The $10.00 price includes the burger, side & drink and was well worth it for the amount of food you get and just how good everything was. The restaurant was very clean & cozy. The only thing I would have liked to be a little bit better was the tea was pretty weak, like see-through. I like mine strong but other than that I loved everything about and will definitely be back again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

the food was excellent and so was the service. the pork chop was big and the side was good. several had the burgers and a side.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We were looking for some local flavor in the revitalized downtown area and came here.
The dishes we tried were the Fish tacos with parmesan fries and the shrimp and grits, both were outstanding. The portions were generous and could be shared.
Another unexpected treat was the watermelon gazpacho- cool combination of cucumbers, tomato, watermelon- really refreshing and different.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Had lunch today. Started with pork skins, awesome. Burger with homemade pimento cheese, delicious. Pimento Mac and cheese fritters to die for. Great staff and owner. Highly recommend

1  Thank Rebecca H

Been to The Steele Pig? Share your experiences!