“Yummy Yummy Yummy...”

The Shelby Cafe
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 December 2014

my husband and I stopped here on our way to Chimney Rock. It was great! Our server, Tina, was so sweet! She gave great suggestion on not only the food... But the area. I got the bacon, sausage and cheese omelette with pancakes and my husband got the Ultimate Chicken Sandwich on Texas toast. Both were delicious.

Reviewed 5 December 2014

The beef liver with onions, burgers, soups, salads and onion rings are awesome. Some of the veggies can be a little bland at times. I do love to eat here, however, and would have given it a 5 star if the some of the staff were a little more friendly.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

The food is good and fair priced. Normally you go because this is the place to go. You will have good service and lunch is packed. I like taking my daughter here for breakfast and usually meet friends here for lunch.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

This is a great restaurant that U.S. just like mom's home cooking. Huge menu with meats, veggies, and the best yeast rolls around. Worth a trip to Shelby.

Reviewed 7 November 2014

This is your classic - basic southern cafe. Country style steak - Mac & Cheese - pickled beets - super omelettes - and not only good, but "cheap"! We even tried an orange crush drink! The staff was extremely friendly - a true neighborhood cafe. We, a bunch of "northerners", even had a local resident come over to us to thank us for trying all their classic southern dishes! If you are near Charlotte or Asheville, Shelby is between them - and worth a side trip just t go to this restaurant! They have a series of specials that vary for each day of the week, and serve their "breakfast menu all day. So, enjoy - and as always, travel safe

Been to The Shelby Cafe? Share your experiences!