“Ashten's in Southern Pines”

Ashten's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ashten's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Nice place with a cool variety of rooms. Restaurant has tables and is more traditional, then there is a center room with couches (next to the bar), with 3rd room being the bar and is an old wooden structure that is quite pretty. We sat in the bar at a small bar table which was fine for 2 of us and our meal. Food was very good and service the same. Friendly place and I'd go back.

1  Thank Elaine D
Oldoverholt, Owner at Ashten's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Elaine D.,
Thank you for your kind review! I hope you will dine with us again soon.
Best,
Ashley Van Camp
Ashten's

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Very nice restaurant, right in mid town, great meals, good drinks, good service, cozy, excellent location, near all kinds of shops, bars and restaurants, also near hotels...

1  Thank msbrazil
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband, son, daughter-in-law and I enjoyed an early evening Sunday dinner here. We ate on the "fancy" side; there's also a more casual pub in the building. We were seated in an elegant alcove and had really exceptional service. The food was locally grown, well-prepared and mostly gourmet such as the stuffed squash blossoms we had as an appetizer. The prices are high compared to our usual restaurants but it's a perfect place for those special occasion dinners.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My lovely Vegan bride had a very tasty salad with a unique dressing that had a touch of sesame and a bit of mustard ( she let me taste). Her lettuce wedgies were so dense and fresh that she had to ask for a steak knife!
I enjoyed a fresh squash bisque, an order of crab stuffed squash florets( wonderfully fried in a light tempura batter), and a delicious, properly grilled 7 oz. tenderloin, over roasted potatoes and mushrooms.
It was a wonderful experience.
We enjoyed our meal on a little couch in the Pub, with attentive service by Samantha and her staff that was always at the ready.
We support the Farm 2 Table efforts in Moore County on a weekly basis, and enjoy eating at Ashten's.

1  Thank carminejohn
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came for a nice night out to celebrate Mother's Day, and it did not disappoint. The restaurant is simultaneously cozy and beautifully decorated. Our server was friendly and gave excellent recommendations. We started with the meat and cheese board, which was excellent. I enjoyed the duck- the cheerwine glaze is delicious. My husband, who is gluten free, was able to find several options, and his ahi tuna was amazing.

2  Thank courtneysamuelson