“Birthday Dinner”

Ashten's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ashten's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 23 September 2017

We recently went to Ashten's for my husband's birthday dinner. The restaurant's dining room was lovely and the service was pretty good. I liked the menu and that you could chose from both the bar menu and the dining room menu. We all wound up choosing something from the bar menu. The food was quite tasty as were the desserts. I think I would return, but head straight to the bar this time.

1  Thank SuzKMo

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Although the ambience is lovely and the service is good; about an hour after having eaten the squash soup and crabcakes; my friend didn't look so well, and had to urgently use the bathroom at that point and later on. Me on the other hand; after having had the same soup, but paired with a medium-rare burger; have been throwing up all morning as I can't keep down fluids nor solids. Won't be returning nor recommending this restaurant.

1  Thank PetePaula2011
Oldoverholt, Owner at Ashten's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear PetePaula2011,
I want to apologize for your discomfort after eating at Ashten's. I am very shocked though as we have an excellent health rating, my kitchen staff is Serv-Safe certified and we make all of our foods fresh daily. We take food safety extremely seriously. We have never in our 20 years had a food poisoning issue at Ashten's.
I hope you are feeling better and if you would like to discuss this issue with me, please feel free to call the restaurant. 910-246-3510
Best,
Ashley Van Camp
Ashten's

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Nice place with a cool variety of rooms. Restaurant has tables and is more traditional, then there is a center room with couches (next to the bar), with 3rd room being the bar and is an old wooden structure that is quite pretty. We sat in the bar at a small bar table which was fine for 2 of us and our meal. Food was very good and service the same. Friendly place and I'd go back.

1  Thank Elaine D
Oldoverholt, Owner at Ashten's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Elaine D.,
Thank you for your kind review! I hope you will dine with us again soon.
Best,
Ashley Van Camp
Ashten's

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Very nice restaurant, right in mid town, great meals, good drinks, good service, cozy, excellent location, near all kinds of shops, bars and restaurants, also near hotels...

1  Thank msbrazil
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My husband, son, daughter-in-law and I enjoyed an early evening Sunday dinner here. We ate on the "fancy" side; there's also a more casual pub in the building. We were seated in an elegant alcove and had really exceptional service. The food was locally grown, well-prepared and mostly gourmet such as the stuffed squash blossoms we had as an appetizer. The prices are high compared to our usual restaurants but it's a perfect place for those special occasion dinners.

1  Thank Karen M