“Outstanding”

Moore Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Southport
Description: Oyster pub specializing in coastal Southern cooking with a wide array of hard-to-get bourbons, delicious wines, and craft beers in scenic Southport!
Reviewed 30 January 2019

This is our third trip to the Oyster bar. Some of the best food, pleasant atmosphere and excellent service ever. I have lived all over the country, and rate this restaurant among the best, even considering some of the most expensive places I’ve eaten. Special kudos to Tasha for excellent friendly service. She made us feel at home, shared suggestions about the menu. The entire experience was first rate.

2  Thank Pom455
Write a reviewReviews (214)

Reviewed 30 January 2019 via mobile

My friend Judy and I stopped in for lunch today. The food was excellent, oysters and mussels with a great gin & tonic . The service by Angel was as good or better than the food. Great local restaurant, highly recommend a visit.

2  Thank BX2Grier
Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

Visited Moore Street Oyster Bar last night with my wife for the very first time . The establishment is in a renovated old pharmacy in downtown Southport according to our gracious server Kim. I had a seafood pot of mussels and clams that was absolutely delicious. My wife had the tuna which was marvelous. Our server Kim was so friendly and just a plethora of information about Southport and it's history. We very much enjoyed our dining experience.

3  Thank davidreif2019
Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in at Moore Street Oyster Bar in Southport NC for a quick bite and a couple of beers last night. First time eating there and we will definitely be back! I had tuna and the hubby had provencal steam pot. We shared, of course. My tuna was so fresh and cooked just like I love it - rare. The hubs steam pot was delish! Lots of clams and mussels with loads of garlic - just like he loves. Our server Kim was fantastic. She was so friendly and answered all our questions about the menu. We will definitely be back and will definitely ask for our new favorite server, Kim!

3  Thank janalberg
Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

Had pickled fries as appetizer and they were yummy. Have had the crab balls and lobster rangoons in the past. Equally good. The seafood chowder is delicious with chunks of seafood. I had the chopped Cobb salad. My husband had the cheeseburger. All fresh and really good!

2  Thank Mary Jo W