“Great addition to Southport ”

Moore Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Southport
Description: Oyster pub specializing in coastal Southern cooking with a wide array of hard-to-get bourbons, delicious wines, and craft beers in scenic Southport!
Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

We were excited to try this place on our annual trip to Oak Island and it didn't disappoint. My son and I had oysters as appetizers. I had the garlic parmesan style and my son had the Casino style. Both were terrific. My mother-in-law had the fried cod, which she enjoyed. My wife had the peel-and-eat shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. They were huge and she was happy. My son had the shrimp and grits, and I had the Cioppino. We both enjoyed everything. They also have a great beer and bourbon selection. Flat screen TV's all around the place give it a great casual feel. We'll definitely be back next year.

Date of visit: July 2019
3  Thank Quazz88
Write a reviewReviews (213)

Reviewed 25 June 2019

This place was fantastic. I met a local at the Oak Island Farmer's Market who recommended it as their favorite new place to eat. We went for lunch with a party of 8. They took our name, and my cell, and were able to seat us in 20-30 minutes. I had the classic Cioppino with grilled bread - it was incredible and full of rich tomato and garlic flavor. Members of my family had the cod sandwich and collards which were great. We are from Charleston and very picky about our seafood. This place was well priced and very fresh. I will definitely be back! Staff and service was great too.

3  Thank jmacharris
Reviewed 25 June 2019

We ate here on a thursday night with our 3 kids, they staff was so friendly and accommodating to us. We sat at the bar in the corner so our kids could play some games by the window and not be in anyones way. The oysters were freakin' DELICIOUS and so was the tuna appetizer and lobster grilled cheese. What a great place in Southport! They gave us our beers super fast also, which is appreciated when dining out with kids after a long drive down from Raleigh ;-)

2  Thank asafinny
Reviewed 19 June 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed dining and drinking at the oyster bar last night. Mackenzie was great to us-wonderful sense of humor along with knowledge of menu and service! We loved the hot oyster sampler. My husband and I split it as an appetizer. We also tried steamers of mussels, clams, and claws, lobster grilled cheese, chicken sandwich and classic cioppino. All of which were delicious and well proportioned. Drinks were also great- house made margaritas, oyster shooters, and bloody marry. We cannot wait to return. The area has needed a place like this...give it a try!

5  Thank UhVoAo
Reviewed 14 June 2019

We really enjoyed the oysters and lobster ragoons. The service was friendly and great drink selection. Also, we appreciate the fact they’re open and serve late unlike the majority of restaurant bars in Southport.

5  Thank 024hallievp