“Good place for oysters and beer ”

Moore Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 72 Restaurants in Southport
Description: Oyster pub specializing in coastal Southern cooking with a wide array of hard-to-get bourbons, delicious wines, and craft beers in scenic Southport!
Reviewed 1 August 2019 via mobile

Enjoyed a nice meal here. Had 6 oysters which were great. I liked that they had a variety and recommendations for which ones were better hot or cold. I thought the tuna appetizer was tasty but a little heavy on a crispy wonton. I think tuna needs to be the star. Still good but would skip the wonton. I will definitely go back. While there are other items this definitely is more of a oyster and beer place so they got the name of the place right! Good atmosphere and friendly staff as well

Date of visit: August 2019
2  Thank chapelridgegolfer
Write a reviewReviews (213)

Reviewed 25 July 2019

We stopped by for an afternoon snack and were not impressed. They were out of a few beers we ordered and did not have most of the oysters on their menu. Our server was not very engaged in what she was doing and not very attentive. The place was not busy however, they had a lot of staff walking around (looking busy). Not impressed.

1  Thank Jackstraw1_12
Reviewed 21 July 2019 via mobile

This was our first trip to Southport and we love oysters, so we decided to try Moore Street. We loved it so much! The service is hospitable and friendly. The food is fresh and the flavor pairings are just amazing! The crab balls, the oysters and the Shrimp and Grits were our favorites! Do not pass up the fried oreo churros and the cobbler, as they were the perfect ending to an absolutely delightful dining experience!

2  Thank patiencein03
Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

We were excited to try this place on our annual trip to Oak Island and it didn't disappoint. My son and I had oysters as appetizers. I had the garlic parmesan style and my son had the Casino style. Both were terrific. My mother-in-law had the fried cod, which she enjoyed. My wife had the peel-and-eat shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. They were huge and she was happy. My son had the shrimp and grits, and I had the Cioppino. We both enjoyed everything. They also have a great beer and bourbon selection. Flat screen TV's all around the place give it a great casual feel. We'll definitely be back next year.

3  Thank Quazz88
Reviewed 25 June 2019

This place was fantastic. I met a local at the Oak Island Farmer's Market who recommended it as their favorite new place to eat. We went for lunch with a party of 8. They took our name, and my cell, and were able to seat us in 20-30 minutes. I had the classic Cioppino with grilled bread - it was incredible and full of rich tomato and garlic flavor. Members of my family had the cod sandwich and collards which were great. We are from Charleston and very picky about our seafood. This place was well priced and very fresh. I will definitely be back! Staff and service was great too.

Date of visit: June 2019