“Awesome meal”

Moore Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Southport
Description: Oyster pub specializing in coastal Southern cooking with a wide array of hard-to-get bourbons, delicious wines, and craft beers in scenic Southport!
Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

Although the place is somewhat small the food was excellent! We ordered the Moore Street bucket. Shrimp, Snow Crab, King Crab, and Andouille sausage. This was plenty for 2. It was fantastic! Looking forward to going back.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (183)

Reviewed 5 April 2021

We both had build your own seafood boils that were very tasty but could have been a little more generous, and our experience is that they often come with toast and/or rolls (instead of charging $!.50 for two medium bread slices). Good but not great beer selection, tho they did give tastes and I did enjoy my final, local IPA choice. We sat at the bar and the server was terrific; attentive & friendly, not pushy. As an aside, altho it is Covid times a family group gestured to us how great their meal was and we overheard other very happy customers. We took home two deserts that were delicious that night and for bkfst.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2021

My wife and I were passing through Cape Fear on our way to Myrtle and read about this place. I'm glad we stopped in. The dumplings with spicy sauce were awesome, and the Southern Steamer pot were some of the best I've had in a long time. Lots of beers on tap, and our server Martina was great. Will defiantly come back our next time through.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank bri019
Reviewed 10 March 2021

I stopped in with my family while taking the scenic route to Murrells Inlet and wound up in Southport. Great little spot about a block or so from the water. Tap List was awesome. Martina was our server and she suggested the Steamer Pot. It did not disappoint. Food was terrific. Great place to hang out in the downtown Southport area. Make the trip ALL THE WAY down 211, it will be worth it.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

This place is incredible. Our server, Donna, was so attentive and answered any question we had. My wife LOVED the French onion soup. I had steamers....awesome. Definite return next time we are in the area.

Date of visit: August 2020