“Visiting”

Moore Street Oyster Bar
Ranked #8 of 74 Restaurants in Southport
Description: Oyster pub specializing in coastal Southern cooking with a wide array of hard-to-get bourbons, delicious wines, and craft beers in scenic Southport!
Reviewed 27 May 2021

We loved the place. We got a table outside on a beautiful day. The people there all looked like they were having fun. I am not really an Oyster person but we loved the Lobster rangoons. The burger was great. I had a great IPA to was it down. Loved the inside, very comfortable. Next time in Southport I will be back. Guy that worked recommended some places in town to see. Great day in a fun little town.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (181)

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Found Moore Street Oyster Bar while walking around Southport. A little wait, but it was worth it. We started with some raw oysters and dumplings, both excellent. I got a steamer pot with garlic and tomatoes, my wife got the nachos with orange spicy chicken. Both were great. Loads of beers. Very friendly staff. Our bartender was Brody and he just seemed happy to be there.

Reviewed 25 May 2021 via mobile

Too bad we visited on our final night as this would have been a multiple stop place for sure. Waitress was very friendly and made us feel more than welcome. Try the pickle fries. Trust me.
Parking along street or around the block but a little walk makes this spot worth it.
Oh and did I mention the pickle fries?
Will definitely return when back in the area.

Reviewed 24 May 2021

Hit the Moore Street Oyster Bar for lunch. My got raw oysters that were excellent and served perfectly. I had the fried shrimp with fries. The fried shrimp were great with just a light seasoned breading and the fries were also perfect. The service was also excellent. Our server was attentive without being intrusive - which seems to be a lost skill these days. Get to the Moore Street Oyster Bar for a great experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

Although the place is somewhat small the food was excellent! We ordered the Moore Street bucket. Shrimp, Snow Crab, King Crab, and Andouille sausage. This was plenty for 2. It was fantastic! Looking forward to going back.