“friendly staff, nice room, free breakfast AND pet friendly”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My family stayed over Labor Day weekend. Very easy checkin with friendly staff. Our rooms were nice, clean and updated. One problem is that inadequate lighting for hair/makeup
free breakfast was good, standard fare of make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, eggs biscuits n gravy etc.
the pool is indoor, strong chlorine smell but still fun......on the older side. We noticed some glass shards on the floor but the staff was immediately on it after we spoke to the front desk
we didnt realize it was pet friendly until we heard a bark while at breakfast....no evidence of animals noted (pet hair, odor etc)
Convenient, right off the highway, will be back!

Room Tip: 2nd floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
JimMcJunkin-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your stay with us here in Statesville. I am most pleased you had a great stay and that my staff responded quickly to your concerns. Thank you for your comments about the lighting. My team is working to replace the yellow lights with brighter white lighting. I am sure tat will be a help. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again real soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were happy to find a clean and easy to find hotel at the end of a long day of driving. The person at the front desk (agatto) was pleasant and directed us downtown as we wanted to see some of the big older homes we had read about. The price was right and we enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel the next day, again a clean area with smiling breakfast employees.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
JimMcJunkin-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us. I am very happy that you took time to tour our historic downtown with its wonderful old homes, quaint shops and wide variety of restaurants. Thank you for your kind words about my hotel. They are truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Comfort Inn and

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Spent the night here while travelling from Orlando to Cleveland. We were running behind schedule and didn't check in until 2am. A phone call to the front desk earlier in the day was all we needed to do to ensure our rooms would be available. Check in was smooth and we were in our rooms quickly. Hotel has a nice layout - modern looking and welcoming. Rooms were quiet and the breakfast was plentiful in the morning. Breakfast room is a little cramped but worked well. All in all a great short stay. This hotel provided what we were looking for - a good night's sleep in the middle of a long trip.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Comfort Inn a, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay over on a very long trip. We are a convenient half way stop over for a lot of travelers. I appreciate you choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

The manager was on site when we checked in. Wow, what a big smile and welcoming demeanor. Just minutes before, we took notice that he was picking up trash in the parking lot when we pulled in; obviously concerned about the appearance of the exterior (as well as the interior). We were a bit early, but a room was available. And, because I am a member of the rewards program, we were upgraded to a larger room. The room was so cozy. The colors are warm and very soothing. Bed and shower were great. Felt very rested to continue our trip. Enjoyed our breakfast the next morning. Both hot and cold items were on the buffet. If we return to the area, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
JimM-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience while staying at our hotel. And, yes, I do pick up trash in the parking lot, in the lobby or wherever I see it. It is every employee's job to make sure our hotel is clean and presentable to our guests. I am happy you had a great time with us and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

The reviews were good for this location and I do believe it lived up to it's rating. It is an older hotel but you can tell they have done a lot of upgrades and renovations and it shows. The staff is great, the hotel is very clean overall and the eye appeal when you walk in is very warm and inviting. The breakfast was typical chain hotel type breakfast, nothing special but plenty of choices but they have a lot of rooms and even during a Wednesday night stay, it was crowded in the breakfast room. The pool was nice but it does appear it needs some updating all around. Our room was comfortable, clean and we slept very good on the bed. Our few complaints on the room was the lighting in the bathroom was not the greatest and the shower/tub area did look like it needed some more fine tuning there. Shower water pressure was good, just the looks of that tub area needed some TLC. We had a difficult time finding a channel guide for the TV, maybe it was there but we couldn't find it, so it was hit and miss knowing what channels were available or not and where things were. For the price, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
JimM-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking part of your valuable time to post a review of your stay with us here in Statesville. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff, especially my maintenance department. I thank you for the detailed description. I always appreciate hearing from our guests as I use all guest feedback to help me to make improvements to our hotel for our future guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Safe travels!