“Refuge from Hurricane Irma”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stayed here with our two dogs as we were evacuating Florida from hurricane Irma. The hotel staff was very busy checking other evacuees in and was friendly and efficient when doing so. Our room was very comfortable and perfect for us. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Our room was on the second floor by the stairs which made it very easy to take our dogs out when needed. We recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with pets, get a room near the steps.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn a, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay and thank you for the recommendation. I know it was a stressful time for everyone trying to get out of the path of Irma. I am happy that we were to at least take away the stress of having a place to shelter from the storm. I hope you are back home now and everything is okay. Thank you for staying with us and if you are ever back in this area again, we hope you will choose our hotel again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

As is our normal pattern, on our trip up North my husband and I always spend the night in Statesville, NC. (That being the 1/2 way point on our trip). This time we decided to try the Comfort Inn. My husband and I were very pleased that we did. The exterior of the hotel was very pleasing, the lobby was something we have never seen before in a hotel. Check in was fast and easy, the room was clean and comfortable. If we didn't know the place was pet friendly, you would never know it. No pet odor at all. Breakfast was good with many choices.
Beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size with plenty of towels available. Now the majority of places where stay do not have exhaust fans in the bathroom and as that it one of my pet peeves, I was thrilled to see one in this room. Both check in and out was a breeze and the staff was very helpful and courteous.
We usually stay at a different hotel chain, but after this experience Comfort Inn will be our new halfway stop.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank hockeymom1946
JimM-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel and thank you for such a glowing review. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am very happy that we are your new stop over on the travels. Thank you for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

My family stayed over Labor Day weekend. Very easy checkin with friendly staff. Our rooms were nice, clean and updated. One problem is that inadequate lighting for hair/makeup
free breakfast was good, standard fare of make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, eggs biscuits n gravy etc.
the pool is indoor, strong chlorine smell but still fun......on the older side. We noticed some glass shards on the floor but the staff was immediately on it after we spoke to the front desk
we didnt realize it was pet friendly until we heard a bark while at breakfast....no evidence of animals noted (pet hair, odor etc)
Convenient, right off the highway, will be back!

Room Tip: 2nd floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
JimMcJunkin-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your stay with us here in Statesville. I am most pleased you had a great stay and that my staff responded quickly to your concerns. Thank you for your comments about the lighting. My team is working to replace the yellow lights with brighter white lighting. I am sure tat will be a help. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again real soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were happy to find a clean and easy to find hotel at the end of a long day of driving. The person at the front desk (agatto) was pleasant and directed us downtown as we wanted to see some of the big older homes we had read about. The price was right and we enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel the next day, again a clean area with smiling breakfast employees.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
JimMcJunkin-GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us. I am very happy that you took time to tour our historic downtown with its wonderful old homes, quaint shops and wide variety of restaurants. Thank you for your kind words about my hotel. They are truly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!

Comfort Inn and

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Spent the night here while travelling from Orlando to Cleveland. We were running behind schedule and didn't check in until 2am. A phone call to the front desk earlier in the day was all we needed to do to ensure our rooms would be available. Check in was smooth and we were in our rooms quickly. Hotel has a nice layout - modern looking and welcoming. Rooms were quiet and the breakfast was plentiful in the morning. Breakfast room is a little cramped but worked well. All in all a great short stay. This hotel provided what we were looking for - a good night's sleep in the middle of a long trip.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Comfort Inn a, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay over on a very long trip. We are a convenient half way stop over for a lot of travelers. I appreciate you choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.