“Good, casual outdoor dining ”

Icehouse Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Swansboro
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Description: Historic Downtown Swansboro. Focus is on local seafood, All Natural raised American Beef and Chicken, local and organic produce. Pasta dishes, vegetarian, vegan, nightly chef specials.
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Right on the water, friendly waitress, good coconut shrimp appetizer. My husband had the blackened mahi sandwich which was a bit dry but otherwise good.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Eddie Z here again.After asking a local and doing some research on trip advisor,We decided on the ice house for a nice seafood lunch but instead got a horrible lunch and a waitress with an attitude on top of it all.
We ordered the fried clam strips with coke slaw and french fries. The clam strips were murdered in the deep frier and burnt so badly they were inedible.The french fries were way undercooked,wobbly,and tasteless.The cole slaw was also tasteless.
I ordered the grilled fish tacos (3) to a plate and have to honestly say I’ve never eaten anything like that with absolutely zero taste.No seasoning on anything and just a very small piece of fish.They should rename this item tasteless lettuce and tomatoe tacos.It also came with a bowl of tasteless rice.
Very poor management,Unhappy employees and poorly trained cooks,will keep us from eating here ever again.Lucky for them they have the view and that’s the only reason this place is still open.Save your money and eat at home!!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I've been to the Icehouse about 6 times. There is one recurring theme...almost every time it seems that, "It's an off day." Things just don't seem "right." Today was no exception. We ordered the crab bisque, it is normally very good. Today, it was barely warm and had a strong sherry flavor. My friend ordered one of the specials, soft shell crab tacos. The crab was overcooked and the rice was terrible...it tasted old and like it had been microwaved. I ordered a burger. On the menu it said it came with Swiss, I asked to substitute cheddar. It came out with swiss. The burger was obviously a frozen patty, not very good. My french fries tasted like they had been fresh 30 minutes before and dropped back in the fryer for my order (they still were not even hot). Like usual, the service was not good...my glass stayed dry and when I did manage to catch her and ask for more, she brought it and filled my glass with tea with no ice. Then, I had to wait to ask for ice. The whole visit was a huge disappointment.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Service was terrible! When we arrived, we were told the wait would be 45 mins to an hour. When an hour and 10 mins had passed, I approached the hostess and was told they were clearing a table for us. Ten minutes later, still not seated i returned to the hostess table and was told by Ann, the manager, they had made a mistake and would seat us immediately at a lovely table. We were a party 5 adults and a 16 month old needing a highchair and were seated at a small elevated booth - really crowded. Our waitress, Caryn, brought applesauce to my grandson without any silverware on the table. We asked for a spoon, which took her a while to bring so we were feeding him applesauce using his pacifier. He was 3/4 finished when she finally brought a large soup spoon. We asked for a teaspoon and she told us that was the only sized spoon they had; funny because when she served his macaroni and cheese, it had a teaspoon in it! we were never offered refills of our soft drinks. Caesar salad was made with wilted lettuce. I would advise everyone to avoid this restaurant!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We were in town visiting family and picked icehouse waterfront to eat at... their selection of beers and cocktails is great! Everyone should be able to find something they like! The food was Delicious- we started with an appetizer platter- a little bit of everything- all good! I don’t eat seafood but will try it... the platter had fried cheese ravioli so that worked out well. Everyone enjoyed their entrees as well. Our waiter Nick went out of his way to help us make our selections and gave us plenty of time to do it- he was informative and helpful and we really enjoyed our visit.