“Lovely meal”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Aberffraw
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A traditional coastal pub with a small dining area and enclosed beer garden overlooking the River Ffraw estuary and sand dunes. We offer a good range of alcoholic and soft drinks including real ales, and quality home cooked food at an affordable price. Easily accessible from the A4080 and The Anglesey Coastal Path making us popular with dog walkers and families alike.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited the Crown with three friends on Wednesday evening. What a discovery!! The Butter Chicken Curry was divine along with the Fish Pie and Veggie Curry.Could not fault any aspect of the food or the warm welcome and attentive service. Of course we could not leave without sampling the puddings ( even though we were full!!) Triple Chocolate Cheesecake :) ah ah heaven.

1  Thank purcy23

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Had to dine here as it’s the only place in the village!
Nice fresh food BUT very limited for vegetarians... when you phone to book,and booking is essential, specify if you want a veggie meal and I think they will accommodate you.
Had to wait a long time but was in no hurry and the food was freshly cooked and plentiful. Charming service , full tummy, off to bed!

1  Thank Agnesarmao
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited here on the 17th of March for our anniversary and it was amazing! We came in looking a little lost but the staff sat us in the dining area and looked after us brilliantly! The food was even better, my boyfriend ordered the burger whilst I ordered the steak and I think it was the best steak I’ve ever had! Definitely will be recommending to anyone who visits close by!

2  Thank Shamané W
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We ate in the Crown a couple of times over a long weekend in Aberffraw. All our meals were excellent, highlights were the Steak & Ale Pie, Gammon and Roast Chicken Dinner. The vegan amongst us enjoyed her Chili too. There were a couple of good, local real ales on offer and the staff were lovely. Very well worth a visit.

1  Thank johndaly58
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

After having read the reviews I was keen to try this place out to see if it lived up to expectation.
In a way it did. This is a nice pub, decent beer and what I’d expect from a pub. We had a good meal that was reasonably priced which I honestly couldn’t fault.
The reason for only three stars is that it’s what I’d expect from a pub. If this was placed anywhere else in the country it would be average. The only thing that distinguishes it on Anglesey is that it has normal mainland prices on an Island that over charges for even the most simple food due to tourism.
If you want a nice, reliable and traditional pub meal at realistic prices then this place fits the bill. If you want something a little less ordinary then this may not be the place for you.

1  Thank JohnGwinnett