All reviewswafflesmemorial weekendroom was cleanwould stay here againmicrowave and refrigeratortinapillowsboss
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

After my experience with the Quality Inn in Morehead City, I was reluctant to stay at another Quality Inn. A last minute change in a work project forced me to spend the night in Washington. My boss scheduled my hotel and reserved a room for me at the Quality Inn. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. Just like the other Quality Inn, the staff was outstanding. They were extremely friendly and helpful. The surprise was in the quality of the building. Don't get me wrong, the building is by no means new, but it is well maintained. I was pleased with the layout and luxury for the price paid. I am sure I will stay there again in the future and would be willing to recommend it to others. It is not the Ritz but for the price you get quality and friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I normally stay here when I go home for a visit. There is a young lady at the desk who ensures that the room is ready. Tina who is a Jill of all trades and a master of many. Everyone goes out of his or her way to ensure your stay is a great one. Why pay exorbitant prices to feel the ambiance when you can spend much less and feel "welcome"?

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have motor issues ask for the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
qualityinn251, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words. Tina is a gem and we are lucky to have someone like her on our team. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Friendly personnel when we arrived. Hotel was clean. Room was ice cold when we walked in. It is almost summertime, but cool would be sufficient. The mattress was very comfortable and we liked the pillows too. A microwave, small fridge and an in-room safe are also nice touches if you need them.
The scrambled eggs are obviously from powdered eggs. Yuch! There's nothing one can do to improve them. I've also had better waffles too. Not sure about the mix they use. But the biscuits and sausage patties were edible. The pastries looked OK.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TracyW610

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We are discussing how to improve our breakfast choices and feedback is always welcome. Although our eggs are not powder eggs we are looking into ways to improve them. Thanks again for the comment and have a great day.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We had a loss in the family. The folks at Quality Inn were able to book us a last minute room on Memorial Weekend, and to add it was for a Saturday night stay. Upon arrival the lady up front, Tina was very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. The wife did a thorough inspection of the bed linens, mattresses and pillows and all was perfect. I left my pillow behind and between Tina and Brook, they were able to get it boxed up and sent UPS to me. Lastly, the breakfast was simple, but still pretty good. And the staff were willing to assist us in preparing our plates. We will definitely stay with them again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed getting the two double beds. The rooms are small. with fridge, microwave, iron, dryer.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Floyd M

We're so sorry about your loss. Thank you for leaving us a comment about your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, under the circumstances. We try to make sure that if a guest leaves an item behind, we do everything we can to make sure they get it back as quickly as possible. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

There are two floors in the hotel, all have interior access. I chose a first floor queen room because they don't have an elevator. The room was nice but a little cramped because of the oversize semi handicapped bath. The room was clean with the exception of the water stains in the toilet bowl. WiFi was a little slow. they did have electric outlets everywhere so I didn't have to use the extension cords that I travel with. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the polite comments.. We try to make sure all of our guests have a nice stay when they are with us and we are guessing you did. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great day!