Open today: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm

alfredorM1198ZW
Great Surf lessons

Reviewed 22 November 2021
MichelleH6962

All reviews hatteras island barton lesson sports kiteboarding instructor gear shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 June 2022

I planned a family trip to OBX and came across Hatteras Island Surf and Sail so I decided to schedule a lesson. Reider was my instructor and thaught me different ways to go about kiteboarding, He's very knowledgeable about the sport.

thanks for your help!

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed 23 November 2021

Hatteras Island Surf and sail came highly recommend to My husband and I when looking for wind surfing instructions for him for his birthday. Scheduling the appointment was easy to do online. His instructor was very professional and personable at the same time. Will use this shop again.

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 24 September 2021

A friend and I had never surfed before, but were interested in surfing so we scheduled a surfing lesson. Our instructor was very friendly, knowledgeable, and genuinely interested in teaching us and helping us ride some waves. We had a great time.

Date of experience: September 2021
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

Are you serious about learning to windsurf or kite? Do you value constructive feedback from a legend and a pro? Then, come here. Are you just bored of the beach and looking for something to do for bragging rights? Don't come here. These guys are ready and willing to give you the attention you won’t find at a corporate-run, but maybe prettier place. They really do care...provided YOU do. Icing on the cake? Barton and Reider’s clients are longtime clients. There’s a whole wind and kite family waiting for you...IF you really care.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 18 August 2020

Staff were disinterested, had difficulty finding equipment (kayaks, paddles, life jackets), and made comments like "this should work" when getting kayaks. One of the kayaks had a hole under the seat (which they knew about and had tried to patch) resulting in it taking on water so we literally had to walk it back since it wouldn't stay afloat. Awful experience.

Date of experience: August 2020