“Good Food reasonable prices”
Review of BoardWok South

BoardWok South
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Waves
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian
Description: This is a small local restaurant in the heart of the tri-villages on Hatteras Island. Everything is prepared to order. We have a large local and homeowner following and going into 2017 being our 16th year in business. Please allow patience during the season as we are open from 5pm - 9pm daily. Fresh steaks, seafood, and asian cuisine.
Reviewed 21 July 2019

6 of us stopped in for dinner. Very sweet staff. Nice atmosphere. I had fish tacos with tuna. Very good. Rest of our crew had sesame chicken, general Tso, Panko Shrimp, and Salmon. Everyone's meal was good, no complaints. Decent selection of beer and wine. Prices are reasonable. Would definitely go again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

My wife and I broke away and left the kids with the rest of our family so we could have some much needed alone time. I looked around at the options close by to where we are staying. This seemed to be the place for us. My wife is a vegetarian, so we can't just go anywhere. The place was empty when we arrived. My wife had some vegetable something, and I had General Tso's chicken. The food came out pretty quickly. The waitress was very nice and attentive. I would definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank countryfried81
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

This place was highly recommended by locals so we gave it a try. My husband and I got the steak and we're not impressed. My steak was hard to cut and very chewy, definitely not a good cut. My husband's steak was fine, it just didn't have a lot of flavor. We got a scoop of white rice and slaw on the side which I found to be a very strange combination. If we go back, I'll definitely order something different. The service was great and the tiki bar is cute. We'll give it one more try.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank sssears
Reviewed 11 April 2019 via mobile

As locals, we eat there often. Everything on the menu is great and very fresh. I have a difficult time deciding between the rib-eye, the Scottish salmon, and the rockfish. They all melt on your mouth. I haven't found anything on the menu that is not really good - I've never been disappointed. I always recommend the Boardwok to visitors.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 24 December 2018

Make sure you try the cream of crab soup, it's outstanding! Great oriental food too. It's a small place but everyone is friendly and there is a bar too.

Date of visit: October 2018