“Solid Chinese food. ”

BoardWok South
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Waves
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian
Description: This is a small local restaurant in the heart of the tri-villages on Hatteras Island. Everything is prepared to order. We have a large local and homeowner following and going into 2017 being our 16th year in business. Please allow patience during the season as we are open from 5pm - 9pm daily. Fresh steaks, seafood, and asian cuisine.
Reviewed 12 March 2021 via mobile

Very respectable Chinese food at a reasonable price. Somewhat limited menu, but everything we got (shrimp, sesame chicken, lo mein, and egg rolls) was good. Would definitely go back.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (64)

Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

First, the service is excellent, very friendly and extremely helpful in explaining the menu.
I live here and eat there a lot. The steaks are delicious. I have had some of the best dinners there than anywhere on the island..

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 24 August 2019

We ate at BoardWok on our previous visit and eagerly return tonight. I ordered the crab cake as I did before. When it arrived it was TERRIBLE! Tasted old and my husband agreed had a metal taste . The waiter took it back and I ordered the tuna (just like my husband had) cooked medium rare. When mine arrived, it was barely seared and ice cold in the middle, the waiter took it back apologizing. I reassured him it was not his fault! He returned the recooked tuna and said he hoped it was ok “I tasted the crab and thought it was fine but I am the customer” He totally de validated my opinion as well as my husband!! UNACCEPTABLE ! What a terrible night! I certainly will not go back! THEY CHARGED US 70$ for a terrible meal I loved it the first time.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 21 July 2019

6 of us stopped in for dinner. Very sweet staff. Nice atmosphere. I had fish tacos with tuna. Very good. Rest of our crew had sesame chicken, general Tso, Panko Shrimp, and Salmon. Everyone's meal was good, no complaints. Decent selection of beer and wine. Prices are reasonable. Would definitely go again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

My wife and I broke away and left the kids with the rest of our family so we could have some much needed alone time. I looked around at the options close by to where we are staying. This seemed to be the place for us. My wife is a vegetarian, so we can't just go anywhere. The place was empty when we arrived. My wife had some vegetable something, and I had General Tso's chicken. The food came out pretty quickly. The waitress was very nice and attentive. I would definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2019