“A wonderful find in a small town setting”

The Chef & The Frog
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Whiteville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Casual fine dining, chef driven, local/organic fresh produce and seafood, cooked to order. Great ambiance, romantic, fun, exciting, quite an experience. We are living the American dream and a fairy tale, and want to share that with you.
Reviewed 24 April 2018

My wife and I were visiting family members in Whiteville. We went for Sunday brunch and had a lovely time. We left very happy and very full.
Steak & eggs, grilled salmon, florentine benedict, and french toast - all excellent! The entire space is very clean and comfortable, and our server was both delightful and efficient. The owners chatted with us and made our visit even more special.
As an added bonus, the prices are quite a bit lower than what we would pay for similar meals at home.
This restaurant should definitely be on your list if you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I drove to Whiteville, nc to the chef and the frog. The chef son in is in the kitchen and the frog is her husband Guillaume is in the front. Great food, great atmosphere and great people. Worth the drive!!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here a few times and plan to go back! This restaurant is a great find and a great place for a nice family dinner! I personally got the Filet and it was delicious as well as the sides it came with! Definitely recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

A friend & I drove out to The Chef & The Frog this past weekend (03/2018). It is an easy drive from metropolitan Wilmington, NC. (~60 miles each way for me since I live across from Mayfaire.)

Very pleased to find the restaurant located in downtown Whiteville. Easy to find parking, (for free), right in front of the restaurant .

The restaurant was busy, taking care of ~80; a special Event in the their private dining room. (Which I learned, can be reserved for groups.) The service was good but a little slow since they had over 100 patrons to take care of when I was there. That is the only negative thing I have to say about this outing.

The food was delicious. There were many options and I found it hard to choose what I wanted to try. (Which will require a return visit.) My friend and I purposely ordered different entrees and both were delicious. Portions were very good and prices were fair. Make sure you save room for their desserts. Their most popular one (strawberry shortcake) was gone when we got to that point in our meal.

In summary, worth the drive; food is very good, portions are large & prices fair for the enjoyable meal you will be served.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

What a wonderful restaurant! Being new to the area we have been trying new places. The Chef and The Frog was AMAZING! From the story book menu to the exquisite food, I cannot wait to go back! The waitress was adorable. The drinks were tasty and the food......there are no words! You must try this place. I am surprised it isn't packed every night. They also serve brunch.....that's our next trip!

guillaume3, General Manager at The Chef & The Frog, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you so much for this review. We look forward to your next visit and hope to Wow!!!! you again.