“Great lunch spot”
Review of Sophie's

Sophie's
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Whiteville
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Description: A cross between a NY deli and a French Bistro, serving locally grown products, made to order. We also serve homemade pastries, a wide variety of coffee drinks, ice cream and milk shakes. We are located in the oldest drugstore in NC and feature the original Soda Fountain.
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The menu is the same but the service has improved. With new remodel you can order and pay at the cashier, with food delivery to your table. If you have a lunch time to dine, you can make your time limit with nice salads and sandwiches. The chicken salad is great, with limited mayo, which is the way I like it!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

For the most part serves lighter fare such as sandwiches and salads. There cookies and pastries are to die for. The decor is amazing with all the vintage TV's, toasters, games, etc. I love the collection of books so you can combine dining with reading. The floor and the ceiling were a bit shabby but I noticed that the building is currently closed to have those renovated. The restaurant is still serving however. During lunch hours, Sophies has moved across the street combined with "The Chef and the Frog." They have the same staff working there until renovations are done. It is kinda neat. During the renovations, you just walk across the street and you have the choice of menus for Sophies or for Chef and Frog (or combine the two - -you will get 2 bills). I look forward to seeing Sophie's when the renovation is done. In the meantime, I LOVE the creative way the 2 restaurants temporarily share space. That keeps all the customers happy and keeps the staff working during renovations. I love to see this kind of creative cooperation.

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Very best place to eat in Whiteville North Carolina can't go wrong nice night life hair go check them out

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

The food is delicious and a fun ambience including a collection of old tv's and kitchen gadgets. Friendly service but slow. The fresh menu requires extra prep time but still slow.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited during the Pecan Festival. It was very busy and difficult for the staff to serve everyone in a completely timely manner. I'm sure when we visit again and it is not a festival we will have better service. The atmosphere is fantastic, with so many antiques add to the experience. And the food is prepared wonderfully!