“Not worth $74”

Quality Inn Wilmington
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 24 July 2017

This kind of place looks so run down, you should pay by the hour. It's old, unclean and in general seems to be in a not great neighborhood. I feel like they shouldn't charge more than $50.

The bed was king but has to be soooo old as we sunk to the middle. We could feel every coil of every spring, every movement. The frame seemed broken and had funny rods that stuck out on the sides. Painful to run into all night. This hotel has no cable so if you're lucky there are maybe 7 channels. The "breakfast" was all prepackaged junk. No bacon, no sausage, even the bagels looked gross.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us a feedback. We will use your feedback to improve ourselves. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. We are certain that after room renovations are completed, our guests will have totally different experience. We hope that you will provide us another chance so that we can provide you memorable experience.

Regards,

Property Manager
Quality Inn
Wilmington, NC

Reviewed 23 July 2017

this is an old style motel where you drive up. It is not very appealing and has a run down look. I was concerned with the safety and concerned about how close to the street it is. Not safe traveling alone. Did not like interior dated small pillows just not to happy. Ended up canceling reservation the reservation there over safety and the room had a musty smell there are smoking rooms!!!!

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

This is a hotel that you would expect to pay $50 a night, not $75. It's a little run down. The location is convenient and it was quiet. I doubt I will be staying here again. The staff are incredibly friendly and super helpful if you need anything.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 19 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us a feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient and quiet location. We are fortunate to be surrounded by many attractions, restaurants, and shopping locations. Also, it was wonderful to hear about our team's helpfulness. I will certainly share your feedback with them, I am sure they will be delighted to hear this. We are in process of major renovations, I am sure once it is done, guests will enjoy better facilities and amenities. We are eager to see you again.

Kinda Regards,

Property Manager
Quality Inn
Wilmington, NC

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Made my reservation through the choice privilege number.. Told them I had a pet & recommended Quality Inn.. When I checked in she told me the only room I have for you is such & such & gave me key.. I left immediately for my business appointments with my pet and was gone till night time.. Once entering my room notification on door I was in a nonsmoking no pet room with a $500 fine on my card.. I immediately called front desk(which the phone was not working) they informed me to come down to be switched out.. They charged me an extra charge for pet fee and desk clerk was very rude.. New room water ran all night & fight broke out in parking lot in front of room.. They should of paid me for my night of craziness..

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed staying here for the first time. The only issue was that someone kept banging on our door at 3AM one night but other than that the room was clean, the room service was excellent & all the staff were very nice! We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple