“Great local find”

Ranked #18 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Very family friendly with a great menu of a nice mix of comfort food and more upscale selections. Wait staff is friendly and attentive. Obviously a well loved local place to dine. Dining room is rather small so call to see what the situation is. Desserts are out of this world!

1  Thank FallsChurchVA

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We went to brunch on a Sunday, and it was fabulous! I had breakfast and my friends had the catfish. Everyone loved their food. Im gluten free so blueberry oatmeal pancakes were not only delicious but quite the treat and they were huge. My bacon was cooked exactly as I asked and the side of fruit was amazing. The fruit could have been a meal in its self, it had pear, plum, watermelon, raspberry, nectarines, pineapple and orange in a gorgeous presentation. It was so much I brought half my pancakes home for later. The Gus said the catfish was pretty close to the best they've ever had, and these are southerners! The fish was on a square of blue grits that they raved about. The Bloody Mary's were good, a little spicy, but they had 2 so they had to have been good. Our waitress was fantastic and very friendly. We had to wait about 20 minutes but we got there a little after 11am. It looks really small on the outside but when you get in there they have a huge room upstairs. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank Mdmello72
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The food, location, service and price makes this place the best place to go to for brunch. Caroline was very attentive and I would request to sit in her section again. Between the two of us at our table we had the Steak and Eggs, side okra, side bacon, Eggs with grits and a side of French toast (yes, we ordered all the food), and two Bloody Mary's (all for $40). Food was fantastic although not sure I would order another Bloody Mary there (tasted heavy on the Clamato juice).

1  Thank asmith429
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Grabbed lunch at The Basics while at a conference! Delicious food and great service provided by our server, Mike.

1  Thank Janet J
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Great quick very friendly service. Had the Migas and omelette of the day both incredible. Also had a side of a blueberry pancake and it was the best pancake I have ever had. Amazing experience!!