“Good food. Very busy”

Ranked #26 of 749 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We had to wait about 15 minutes but it was a nice lunch. Wide variety on menu. Food was good and freshly prepared. Good location at cotton exchange. Can park on street in front of restaurant. Then afterwards we walked around at shops nearby.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The friends who we were visiting in Wilmington suggested we dine here and it didn't disappoint. Great souther-style cooking with great variations on seafood, chicken and meat dishes. Both the meatloaf and smoked chicken entree's (with greens, of course), were phenomenal.

1  Thank hoffmanter
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I've been resident in the USA for two years now and despite eating out on a fairly regular basis, I can't say I've ever truly enjoyed a meal, nor felt like I was a guest rather than something to be processed on a conveyor belt... until now.
The food was excellent and very good value. I asked for my salmon to be just a little pink inside and it was; the asparagus squeaked as you ate it (a far cry from the usual limp soggy salt laden affairs I've seen everywhere else); and the risotto possessed the perfect texture. The desserts would challenge the biggest appetite and the beer selection matched well with the menu.
The service came with an informed and knowledgeable smile, and, importantly, the moderate waiting time told you the food wasn't coming out of a microwave.
Speaking as a Somm, and one with an exceptional palate, I find this place outstanding in every detail. Wilmington is lucky to have it.

2  Thank Andy P
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Located in the historic Cotton Exchange this quaint restaurant will not disappoint. I ate here on a week night with a group of 20 people. I had pesto crusted salmon which was superb. Their crab cakes and fried green tomatoes appetizers were delicious. There are some Gluten-free options on the menu including a dessert. You can expect to pay $18-25 for dinner.

1  Thank MacRanger
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We dined at The Basics last night before a show. We were in a big hurry and they were a little crowded. Nonetheless, they seated us promptly and our server was excellent.
They were out of the item my wife ordered so, instead of coming back to the table and taking more time to have my wife choose something else, the server chose a substitute for her which saved a lot of time.
The food was great! I had delicious meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The wives had Brunswick Stew which was excellent and the other gentleman had smoked chicken which was succulent ! The price was very reasonable.