All reviews wrightsville beach indoor pool room was clean king suite convenient location the breakfast area waffle maker waffles decent breakfast free breakfast would stay here again checking in stayed one night front desk staff first floor nice stay hot breakfast
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I booked this place almost last minute using my AAA discount and found that $99.00 per night for a king-sized suite was the way to go. The location was perfect for days spent on Wrightsville Beach although I had to make a U-turn out of the parking lot to head to the beach. The room was clean, the shower had good hot running water, the breakfast was pretty standard and ok and the coffee was fresh and strong. At night the halls were quiet-no children running up and down the halls. This was a big plus for us. No one was skanky in this hotel. Would I stay here again? The answer is "no" but it is not because of the hotel. We had a room that faced the back of the sign outside so we had no view at all. That can be changed. My family needs a room with a balcony so we can "escape" each other and this hotel does not have a balcony. We also need a kitchen instead of a microwave, coffee maker and a mini-fridge. The pool is indoors and quite small and the maids forgot to give us towels, a bed sheet-always missing something but brought it to us when we called. Checking in and out was a breeze and received an itemized bill under our door in the morning before check-out. The computers worked although the wifi in the room would go in and out all the time so one has to reconnect to it constantly. I wish they would change the smell of their carpet cleaner because the lobby smelled badly of carpet fresh. All in all, good stay and right on budget.

Room Tip: Room 215 faces the back of the hotel sign and you will not have a view of anything!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Hotel was perfect for the price and in a good location. We had no problems and enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was very good with waffles, breakfast sandwiches and the regular continental breakfast items.

2  Thank teammcg
Reviewed 26 July 2012

After checking in at about 6pm, I walked up to the room with my family to find one of the housekeepers walking out of our room. (I thought this room was clean since we were checked in.) Apparently our beds were not complete. We were checked into a room that was not completed by housekeeping. After talking to the girl at the front desk, this was a mis-communication between here and housekeeping. Regardless, this was not a good first impression of the hotel.
When housekeeping cleaned our room on the second day, they did not restock the toilet paper which was nearly out. Despite having four people staying in the room and four dirty towels, they only restocked the room with two sets of towels. This was an inconvenience for us because we had to go ask for more towels and toilet paper.
The beds also were way too soft in the middle. I have stayed in Marriotts all over the nation and this was by far the worst Marriott bed I have slept in.
The breakfast in the morning was great figuring it is complimentary. Overall, the stay was okay. I would look for another Marriott property in Wilmington before I would stay at this one again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank hvaskjer003
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel at the end of July while in town visiting friends. To begin with the price, I believe, is wayyyy too high for what you actually get. Checking in was painless and very quick. We got a king suite with a sofa bed. The room was pretty nice with the sitting area and two tvs in the room. Bathroom was pretty large and shower head is great. The room has a microwave and mini fridge which was convenient for our drinks and leftovers. The bed was amazingggg! And they have HD on most channels.

The staff seemed to be friendly. One day we were leaving our room after housekeeping had already made its rounds and I asked the person working the front desk to ask housekeeping to leave us some fresh towels. He said not a problem and it would be taken care of. We come back from the beach about 4 hours later and we have no towels, our trash wasn't taken out and the bed was unmade. We easily got the towels the secon time we asked but when you are paying over $120 a night, you expect better service than that.

One morning, granted it was about 10am, the maids were vacuuming the halls and being extremely loud. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but you are on vacation and like sleeping in.

Overall, the stay has been ok. The hotel is extremely nice and clean but i don't think I'll pay this much for an average stay again.

2  Thank Toni T
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stay in hotels all the time. With that being said this hotel is my favorite. When it comes to location, amenities, breakfast, and staff... this place is where you need to stay. I've been staying here on and off for the past year on business and not one time have I ever had anything but great service. I am always greeted Daniel and Sarah and they always take great care of me and give me wonderful advise on dining. Both of them never get tired of me bugging them. I have had wonderful food, enjoyed wilmington and everything the city has to offer. All because of these 2 outstanding front desk agents. The housekeepers also do a great job. I cannot thank them enough for making me feel like I'm home.

1  Thank stateshappy