“Memorial weekend”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the gentleman that checked us in on Friday night of memorial WE
Was friendly I booked a king bed / suite it was clean
However the AC unit was taped over in places and
Extremely noisy it was hard to get a comfortable
Temperature.The small lounge area had an arm chair which was stained and the sofa bed was sticky
And stained not very appealing to sit on.House
Keeping came every day and the hotel was very
Clean with it being memorial we breakfast was busy
So we used the local Starbucks all in all a nice stay but attention to detail matters fix the old noisy AC and allow your guests to have stained free clean
Furniture to sit on,

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Britt1970,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent experience at our property. I am glad that you found our property to be clean as we work very hard to off our guests a clean and comfortable place to rest their heads during their travels. I would, however, like to apologize for the issues that you had with our in room AC unit and the sleeper sofa. I can assure you that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this remains an isolated incident. We take great pride in our work and we hope to see you during any future visits to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

We stayed here on the busy UNCW graduation weekend. The PGA tournament was here also. Pleasant, helpful staff, convenient location and pretty good breakfast. We got upfront parking each night. Felt safe. Worth staying at again.

Room Tip: The staff asked us what floor we wanted to stay on. They gave us a few to choose from. This option...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andra' E
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Andra' E,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on here. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Wilmington area!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

For the price, it was a good experience. The only thing it lacked was a refrigerator in the room (even a mini). The place is clean and well kept. The breakfast was good and clean. Loved the waffle maker. It was quiet and conveniently located between the beach and town. It's also nice to have restaurants across the street in walking distance. The feature I liked most was the "office" in the lobby where I could comfortably surf the internet and even print (while my family was still sound asleep in their room). Thank u!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Angela K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We take great care to ensure that our guests have a clean and comfortable place to rest their heads! Thank you for allowing us to host you and your family and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Great location and clean, well priced room with adequate free breakfast. Would stay here again. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Breakfast had a nice variety of choices. Check in and check out were easy.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

sarainglenwood,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It sounds to me like you enjoyed yourself and I would love to know what we could have done better to turn your rating of 3 to a 4 or 5! Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have the desire to do so. We look forward to hosting you during any future visits to the Wilmington area.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

I have stayed in Fairfield Inn in other states. I figured I couldn't go wrong with anything with a Marriot Inn. Well, no hot water for two days. On top of that, the pull out couch mattress had fecal matter stains and exposed springs. Terrible experience. I was given the run around by corporate. They routed my complaint back to the actual hotel I stayed at! While staying there I was given some credits on my bill. This did not sit well with me and I took it up with corporate. They were not at all helpful. I have stayed in hotels domestically and Internationally....NEVER have I seen a mattress with fecal matter stains and exposed springs. DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob A
Chris T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Bob A,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take our commitment to offer a clean and comfortable place for our guests to say very seriously and I regret that we fell short of your expectations. Please accept our most sincere apology for the issues that you encountered while staying with us. We take any and all steps necessary to ensure we are proactive regarding the condition of the items in our guest rooms and I do apologize that we missed the mark during your stay. I hope that you allow us the opportunity to better your experience with us the next time you are in the Wilmington area.