“Surprisingly Good Food”

Ranked #11 of 191 Restaurants in Bismarck
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Oahu is Bismarck's North Dakota's first of its kind, we have brought Oahu to Bismarck through a combination of passion and resolve, because we love the food so much and we believe that the food and concepts merits being brought to Bismarck, ND. Escape to paradise and experience North Dakota's finest cuisine deliciously wrapped in a Hawaiian state of mind and a touch of Oriental Thai dish cuisine.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

When a restaurant offers three different types of cuisine, you never know how good it will be. Oahu gets it right. We had a sushi roll as an appetizer and then my husband and I had two different cuisine dishes. Both the Hawaiian barbecue chicken and the pineapple fried rice with shrimp were very good. The chicken was freshly prepared and well seasoned. The shrimp in the fried rice were large shrimp and freshly cooked. Service was excellent and bar choices were good.

1  Thank JoW169
management915, General Manager at Oahu Hawaiian BBQ Sushi Bar & Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you for sharing your recent dining experience at our restaurant Oahu. Our team is so very glad you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant! "Surprisingly Good Food" is exactly the feeling we want our guests to have at Oahu! Our goal is combine the three different types of cuisine with genuine hospitality and service, and our team is thrilled to know we succeeded so well on your visit.

All of us thank you for such a gracious review, please let us welcome you for another visit very soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Who could pass up a Hawaiian restaurant in the middle of North America? Well you shouldn't! We stopped by for lunch traveling through Bismarck and had a very enjoyable meal. The menu is widely varied, almost too widely varied but all of our food was very good. Pic shows app beef kabobs, a unique Asian chicken app and of course what you'd expect in any Hawaiian place macaroni salad. My wife had sushi. As I said the food was very good and service was also good. The only thing they're missing is Hawaiian music and Huli Huli chicken but definitely worth a stop.

management915, General Manager at Oahu Hawaiian BBQ Sushi Bar & Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest,

With such an incredible declaration as "Location, food and service', the only thing we can say is a Heartfelt Thank You! Our team is honored by your amazing review, and we thank you so much for posting it to fellow TripAdvisor readers.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again anytime you may be in our area.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter brought me here. The Hawaiian chicken plate, was great. I usually do not Hawaiian macaroni salad, oh man this was good. The sushi rolls are good as well. The children's dinners are huge, well balanced. My 18 month old grand son loved his white fish. Will keep this on my list of great restaurants to eat at, when we visit. Service was amazing, the waitresses was very accommodating with my grand son.

management915, General Manager at Oahu Hawaiian BBQ Sushi Bar & Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our restaurant, Oahu. With such an incredible declaration as "Amazing food" and "Service was amazing" the only thing we can say is a heartfelt Thank You! Our Oahu team is blown away by your awesome reviews of our restaurant, and we sincerely appreciate your posting them for fellow TripAdvisor readers, we all can't wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

My family stopped by here and had pad Thai, yaki udon and chicken katsu. Server brought our food rather quickly and were all good. Server was attentive for refilling our water. Also had jalapeño mint margarita. It was delicious!!

management915, General Manager at Oahu Hawaiian BBQ Sushi Bar & Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our restaurant, Oahu. We are delighted your family had such an enjoyable time in our restaurant and tried our pad Thai, Yaki Udon and Chicken Katsu. We are very glad you appreciated how attentive our service team, all of us are very grateful for your kind words and review and we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Nice casual atmosphere, the food is very good, and the service is fast. I'll definitely come back for the sushi.

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our restaurant, Oahu. "Nice casual atmosphere" is such a perfect description of Oahu. Our team thanks you tremendously for your great reviews especially to our sushi, and I hope you will definitely come back for the sushi very soon!