“Dinner”

La Cantina
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Mayville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

No crowd on a Sunday night. The margaritas were not very good. Too sweet. The side salad and the fajita steak salad were both very good. Seriously was good.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

First impression of downstairs venue is quickly outshined by quick, professional, friendly service and upon the first bite of fresh, warm chips and delicious house salsa, you will know you are about to experience a real culinary delight. The mouthwatering house sauces deliver fantastic compliments to the exceptional courses and although I have never tried the desserts there, they look and smell heavenly! All in all, the only thing that is not to love is the venue. The price alone makes up for that. Add in all the positives and you wind up with what I can present as my family's favorite place to eat.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My Mom and I are from out of town and stopped by for lunch before a baseball game. I had been there before and enjoyed the food very much, it was my Moms first time there. We both got the tacos carne asada platter, the ingredients were fresh and taste was very good. Also I had enough to take home for a another meal!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

La Cantina was a perfect choice for refueling before the football game we were in town for. The waitress was very friendly and customer oriented. The food was tasty with no complaints and the pricing reasonable for our crew of five. Their salsa is out of this world!

We all agreed we would visit again and would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Mayville.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Getting in can be a little confusing is you're from out of town. Ignore the big awning over the double doors, and look right to the door that says Heroes & Legends. That's a sports bar. La Cantina and the sports bar are adjoining and sort of combined. You go down the stairs, and if you turn left, you're in La Cantina, and if you turn right, you're in the sports bar. OK, now that we have that straight, as to the food--it's quite good. It's Tex-Mex, nothing really surprising, but nicely done. I had the carne asada tacos. Beans & rice, of course, but not phony refried beans. Nice sauce--maybe yogurt?--on the soft tacos. We'll be back. Friendly place, good service.

3  Thank Isern1952