All reviews room was clean great indoor pool and spa newly renovated rooms parking lot walking distance to restaurants check in was quick and efficient shopping weekend large mall pool and hot tub great property front desk staff place to stay dakota square mall located close the breakfast area great amenities hot breakfast
Reviewed 22 May 2018

nice hotel for the price. clean rooms perfect location for shopping. nice staff and quiet place.

downfall the bath tub is small.
pillows not comfy
the rest of the place is great and well worth the stay

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for staying at the Northern Plains Inn. We appreciate your feedback and will improve our services based on your input.
Although there isn't much we can do with our standard industry tub size we can definitely get you some different pillows the next time you stay. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in 1994-5 with friends and found our way back this week. Missed being here with our friends this time.
The staff was gracious in all regards. Both the front desk ladies took my request of the past visit to which I had a question and they have both went beyond normal duty to acquire the answer. They are still looking.
The morning breakfast is adequate and does the job quite fine.
Hot tub and the pool are meticulously monitored and cleaned. The maintenance man spent 35 minutes testing, recording and cleaning. I had never guessed they monitored them that much and in detail. Hats off to Northern Plains on that.
Check in staff was definitely obliging the whole stay.
Wifi is awesome and stays connected all the time.
The bed was on the smaller size but still provides for a great sleep.
Cons:
The sink didn’t drain very well at all
but that is kind of normal for older hotels.
A little more TLC on the maintenance of past repairs or mods would be a benefit.
We definitely will stay here again.
There is lots of places with in walking distance to get some shopping in and eating.
Give them a try and post your find.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for choosing the Northern Plains Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to partake in all we have to offer. From the indoor pool to the complimentary breakfast it sounds like you really paid attention and let us know what you needed during your stay. Thank you for your input as it helps us improve the services we offer. Please be assured that the maintenance on the sink has been completed. I am sorry we were unable to find the answer you were looking for regarding Mr. Nelson. If I find something out, I'll definitely let you know. Thank you yet again and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 night, and it was relaxing and very clean! The beds are so soft and I loved how you got to pick witch pillow you wanted soft or hard, I have to sleep with soft but my husband has to sleep with hard so that worked out great! Breakfast was good, lots of choices, the only thing that we could complain about was the hotel was very busy when we stayed so we didn't get much time in the hot tub. But overall it was a good stay and I will definitely be back!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for choosing the Northern Plains Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, especially the pillows! I am sorry you didn't get to spend as much time in the hot tub as you would have liked. Hopefully, on your next visit you'll have more opportunity to enjoy the pool area. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Great property next to shopping and dinning, with an indoor pool & spa, fabulous breakfast, and newly renovated rooms. The staff is outstanding and my room is always very clean. The rates are excellent as well!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for choosing the Northern Plains Inn. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. We strive to provide a clean, comfortable stay for all of our guests and are happy you appreciated our effort. If there is anything we can do to improve the quality of your next stay please do not hesitate to let a staff member know. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Travel Safe.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Will never be back Staff bills you for 537.50 for smoking in room AND I DON'T SMOKE and they never tell you I find out from my card services. You guys need to clean better and update rooms and stop trying to steal money from the guest I know the oil money is gone but find a better way Will never be back

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your input. As I explained to you when we spoke on the day of your departure the fee charged to your room was for a cleaning fee. I did not say you specifically smoked in the room but that you or one of your guests smoked in the room. As a 100% nonsmoking facility, like the rest of the state of ND, this includes all smoking (cigarettes, e-cigarettes, marijuana, etc). I am sorry you feel our policy is unfair but you did sign off on the nonsmoking notification on your registration card along with the cleaning fee penalty when you checked in. We do not apply the penalty fee without evidence of smoking in the room. If the room had been smoked in prior to your arrival, we would not have put you in that room. It would have been taken off market for deep cleaning. If you were unhappy with the room in any way we would have happily moved you to another room. I am sorry you are dissatisfied with our service. I hope your remaining travels are satisfactory ones. Thank you again and travel safe.