All reviews room was clean great indoor pool and spa newly renovated rooms parking lot walking distance to restaurants check in was quick and efficient large mall shopping weekend great property front desk staff pool and hot tub dakota square mall coffee maker would stay again the breakfast area easy access fitness center
Reviewed 16 June 2018

The hotel was quite nice ,comfortable,big rooms. The pool and hot tub were very nice. The free, hot breakfast was a helpful addition I left my purse in the breakfast area, the minute I realized it , went to the office, it was there everything in tact. We had a small problem with our TV and a staff member came right to our room and fixed the problem.

Stayed: May 2018
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for choosing the Northern Plains Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your input. We are especially pleased we were able to get your purse back to you. If there is anything you should need during your next stay please do not hesitate to ask. It is our goal to make each stay as enjoyable as possible. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable, also Thank you to Joesph and Tim for your professional And courteous service, it was greatly appreciated, I would recommend this Inn to friends and family, job well done ,

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for staying at the Northern Plains Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a clean comfortable, relaxing environment for all of our guests. I will make sure to let the staff know how much you appreciated their efforts. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Travel Safe.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

nice hotel for the price. clean rooms perfect location for shopping. nice staff and quiet place.

downfall the bath tub is small.
pillows not comfy
the rest of the place is great and well worth the stay

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for staying at the Northern Plains Inn. We appreciate your feedback and will improve our services based on your input.
Although there isn't much we can do with our standard industry tub size we can definitely get you some different pillows the next time you stay. Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in 1994-5 with friends and found our way back this week. Missed being here with our friends this time.
The staff was gracious in all regards. Both the front desk ladies took my request of the past visit to which I had a question and they have both went beyond normal duty to acquire the answer. They are still looking.
The morning breakfast is adequate and does the job quite fine.
Hot tub and the pool are meticulously monitored and cleaned. The maintenance man spent 35 minutes testing, recording and cleaning. I had never guessed they monitored them that much and in detail. Hats off to Northern Plains on that.
Check in staff was definitely obliging the whole stay.
Wifi is awesome and stays connected all the time.
The bed was on the smaller size but still provides for a great sleep.
Cons:
The sink didn’t drain very well at all
but that is kind of normal for older hotels.
A little more TLC on the maintenance of past repairs or mods would be a benefit.
We definitely will stay here again.
There is lots of places with in walking distance to get some shopping in and eating.
Give them a try and post your find.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for choosing the Northern Plains Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to partake in all we have to offer. From the indoor pool to the complimentary breakfast it sounds like you really paid attention and let us know what you needed during your stay. Thank you for your input as it helps us improve the services we offer. Please be assured that the maintenance on the sink has been completed. I am sorry we were unable to find the answer you were looking for regarding Mr. Nelson. If I find something out, I'll definitely let you know. Thank you yet again and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 night, and it was relaxing and very clean! The beds are so soft and I loved how you got to pick witch pillow you wanted soft or hard, I have to sleep with soft but my husband has to sleep with hard so that worked out great! Breakfast was good, lots of choices, the only thing that we could complain about was the hotel was very busy when we stayed so we didn't get much time in the hot tub. But overall it was a good stay and I will definitely be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Northern Plains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for choosing the Northern Plains Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, especially the pillows! I am sorry you didn't get to spend as much time in the hot tub as you would have liked. Hopefully, on your next visit you'll have more opportunity to enjoy the pool area. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon. Travel Safe.