“Don't let Michael fool you. Just dish it back to him. lol”

Gold Trail RV Park Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Clinton
Reviewed 10 July 2017

What an unusual place, my husband I really enjoyed our dinners here. Very down home cooking and very interesting atmosphere. It makes you feel that you are right on the patio of Michael and Anna's. Best ribs for sure.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

While traveling through the town of Clinton, we saw signs off the road for a BBQ buffet in town. I first checked other reviews here and saw a wide range of ratings. I would like to try to try to dispel misunderstandings and give an honest appraisal.

I was traveling with my wife and our 2 daughters, aged 15 and 8. They were initially apprehensive about dining here, because they wanted to go back to another place that we had already previously visited, but they relented on my insistence to give it a chance. The menu is simple enough; you choose a BBQ meat of your choice - sirloin steak, wild salmon, pork chops, chicken and ribs among the options - and it comes with all you-can-eat salad bar and sides, including beans, creamy mashed potatoes, rice and gravy, served buffet style. The buffet table is self-built and improvised; items are kept warm in individual slow cookers and the grill is literally a Broil-King BBQ that anyone could have in their own backyard (I may be mistaken on the exact brand, but who cares?). But don't let any of this detract you - everyone in my family abso-fricken-lutely loved our meals (we settled on salmon and ribs). For what you get, the price and value are unbeatable anywhere in town.

The decor is rustic and basic; it's basically a covered deck with outside decorations that resemble a pioneer Western set, all within an RV park property. The interior does have a certain charm, and the interior wooden panels are filled with previous customers leaving handwritten marker notes of their visits. The only thing I would suggest to the owner Micheal is to have some ventilation and some way to get rid of mosquitoes in the dining area - it seems to be a very bad problem throughout Clinton!

Now a number of reviewers here and in the attached RV park left comments about the owner's rudeness and obnoxiousness. I can see how his personality could rub people the wrong way, but he is a genuinely nice guy and has an awesome way with kids. As I wrote earlier, my girls were initially apprehensive and having read the other reviews here, I warned my wife beforehand that the owner might have an off-colour sense-of-humour, but I found that it's part of the character and experience (think of a country-western movie with the sourpuss bartender). We left the place with everyone totally delighted, fond memories of the laughter of the time spent here, and we will be absolutely sure to drop in at every opportunity to dine here and catch up with Micheal and his wife Anna.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

We were on the way to Clearwater,BC and saw kilometres befor the big signs"All you can eat".
So we were hungry and decided to stop thre.
The host is such a funny man. Talk a lot.
Talk a lot of nonsense.
But good county kitchen.
And the steak. PERFECT-> big enough grilled just right to the point.
If we ever cross Clinton,BC we will stop agayn there.
Tom BlackForrest ,GERMANY

1  Thank Horatio C
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We broke down(trailer problems) as we were leaving Clinton . We managed to turn around and get back to the gold trail even park. After checking in we decided to try michael's barbecue . We had some of the best bbq ribs and chicken we have ever had. The bbq is paired with a buffet of side dishes. There is something for everyone. Great prices. Well worth the stop for bbq

1  Thank Clar R
Reviewed 27 June 2016

The owner bragged about how good the food was. I thought it was average at best. Or maybe it was just the bad taste left over from how incredibly rude and obnoxious the owner was. Would not return.