“A taste of where I should be.”
Review of Taco Republic

Taco Republic
Ranked #28 of 57 Restaurants in Sechelt
Price range: US$6 - US$7
Reviewed 2 May 2018

A Mexican restaurant was desperately needed in Sechelt. It is quite authentic right down to the hot sauce on the tables. It is more of a fast food restaurant than a sit down and enjoy a meal place. I spent many winters in Mexico and this place does remind me of something you would find in a market, but not really a place to relax and savor fine cuisine. The food I tried was good but nothing special. I will go back to keep my cravings at bay but it will never be a favorite.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Ordered six tacos and a drink to split between two people for $22 with tax (and tip). Pretty simple menu that allowed us to choose between 3 different types of shell, six or so meats, about the same amount of salsas and cheese/sour cream. Super-friendly staff, clean facility and best of all, awesome tacos!

Kids menu available and other Mexican food (burritos) available.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Great service, lovely staff, outstanding food! I would definitely go back and it was quite busy when I was there.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

All ingredients used to create a twist of a Filipino-Mexican Fusion. Tacos and burritos are made by your own choice of fillings/toppings. All freshly made including the salsas. The guacamole is a must try for an additional CAD 3.00 (but for free if you order the vegetarian) Overall price is reasonable. Thumbs up!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Do not eat here! I ordered the chicken lime no bowl burrito with spanish red rice, tomato salsa and sweet corn salsa. My husband ordered chicken lime burrito with lime cilantro rice, pineapple salsa and salsa verda. Both sound good, right? Both were horribly bland, tasteless and dry. I cannot believe the menu compared to the food. The rice tasted like Uncle Ben's. The chicken was white, salty, looked like subway chicken but more plain (no taste). The tomato salsa was tiny cut pieces of tomato (super dry) and the corn salsa was right out of the frozen corn bag. Not kidding. The lettuce tasted and looked like cheap, old, plastic bag salad. Waste of money. Please do not eat there. They ruined our take out, sit on the beach to eat dinner evening.