“"Tapas" refers to size of servings, not type of cuisine”

Shift Kitchen & Tapas Bar
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Sechelt
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Hearing "Tapas" you usually think of Spanish or Mediterranean dishes. Here it refers to the size of the servings more than the type of food. That's not a bad thing, and there's plenty of traditional "pub" food here too. I picked the mushroom burger with a salmon patty. It was an excellent piece of fish, almost hated hiding it on a burger. The menu said the mushrooms and onions on the burger were "fried" but the onions were raw. Not a big deal. My wife had moussaka, a vegetarian version. She rated it fine.

Service was friendly and efficient. Prices were about average for the area. There was not a LOT of seating so I don't think it would be good for a large gathering.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Oh so delicious soft salmon or prawn tacos, the chipotle rice bowl is to die for, superb burgers and salads. I have a little beach resort and Shift is a dining spot I highly recommend to my guests (hundreds by now) and every single one has thanked me for the recommendation. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We went in for lunch on Fathers Day without a reservation and the staff made accommodations for us. We needed a high chair but only bar tables were available. They took a few min and found a solution that worked for us which was much appreciated. I had shrimp tacos which were delish and really good Caesars which were on special. Servers were very friendly.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

The poutine is awesome. The eggs benedict at Shift is the best I have ever had. My husband loves the burgers and salad. My kids love the quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches. The chicken wings and tacos are also great. I have enjoyed the experience at this restaurant with family, for girl's nights out and for business meetings.

1  Thank JustJenL
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Hamburgers and lasagna are my favourites. Great place for meeting friends for a quick meal. I don't think they take reservations though, unless it is for a big group.